cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So nobody tells you that a new user has to make a post before you can PM

Edd

So nobody tells you that a new user has to make a post before you can PM

So this is my first, totally unnecessary one.

5 REPLIES 5
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: So nobody tells you that a new user has to make a post before you can PM

Sorry, this feature is designed to make it more difficult for spammers to simply create an account and immediately PM all users.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
AlistairClarke

Silly indeed. I'll see if this counts!

Edd

@AlistairClarke wrote:

Silly indeed. I'll see if this counts!

Should do, mine did !!!! 

Still can't see why they don't actually tell you this anywhere.

Perhaps this should be a sticky ?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Still can't see why they don't actually tell you this anywhere.

Well.  A couple of things to ponder:

• This a mainly a forum not a mail service
  • There were a great deal of problems in the early days as @JonoH points out. Making this restriction was one of the ways to reduce the impact.

Perhaps this should be a sticky ?

No.  See the second point above. Cool_smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Edd

OK, so while we're ponderdering.

I, like other people who have posted on this forum, want to reset my Voicemail greeting back to the default one.  When I first accessed my voicemail I was "forced" to record a new greeting which I didn't want to do.  With no way of cancelling this operation when started like others have done I pressed the # key thinking that if nothing was said then maybe nothing would be recorded and it would go back to default.  No, I've now got a blank greeting like others have.

So I decide to do some research because it can't be that difficult can it, surely.  How wrong was I.

I soon discovered through searching the forum that there are four possible "codes" to enter into my handset with a shutdown, remove sim, wait, replace sim and start up of the handset in between.  None of the codes worked for me like many others but they have worked for some.  

The usual response is to send a PM to one of the support staff so they may be able to assist.

I'm NOT the one who is suggesting that it is a mail system.  

If the responses said Send an Email to where ever then I would but they don't.   

This approach appears a lot on the forum so instead of just adding another pointless post to one of the current topics echoing what has already been said I thought I would just send a PM.  

However by thinking about what I should do seems to have been my downfall as if I had have made my "echoing" post then I would have unwittingly made my first post and would have been able to send my PM straight away.

I am a member of many forums and this is the only one that I have had to do this on as most put some stikies up so that new users can read what to do and what is expected of them.