Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Cap

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Smart Cap

I was surprise that Plusnet Mobile are now able to change smart cap via online or an app and can set at £0 as the lower cap. So this mean my line rental charge of £10 is always remain £10 and once I use all my data 6GB is up then it will cut off data until next month but unlimited texts and unlimited minutes will continue to use. I am glad Plusnet has finally listen to customers to set the smart cap at £0. (use to be lower at £2 before)

These smart cap set at £0 will avoid any charges via my trip to Turkey next week mean will not charged for any texts, calls or data. Can use wifi only at the hotel.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Cap

Hi goldenfibre ,

Have you managed to change your Smart Cap to £0.00 because even though it says £0 to £90 when I tried to reduce mine it stayed at £2

It may be yet another problem with the new billing system.

Brian A

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous No, it accept between £0 and £30 set on smart cap at anytime. Smart cap lower set has changed on 1st of October to £0 before was £2. But I was wrong one thing, it cannot do it via app at the moment - only online account. It's been confirmed via smart cap below:

HOW IT WORKS

• The Smart Cap is the amount that you’re happy to spend above your monthly SIM only plan on chargeable services (i.e. calls to premium numbers or when you’re abroad). You’ll set this during the sign up process.
  • It’s real easy to change your Smart Cap, just go in your account and change it anytime. You can set it anywhere between low as £0.00 and £30.00.
  • We’ll try and drop you an email and a text when you’ve used 80% and 100% of your bundle allowances and when you reach your Smart Cap, but we might not be able to do this if one call takes you from under 80% to 100% of your Smart Cap. You’ll always be in control.
  • When you hit your Smart Cap, all chargeable services will be suspended until your next bill, you’ll still be able to use your remaining inclusive minutes, text messages and data allowance.
  • If you want to carry on using chargeable services, you can make a payment to reduce your outstanding balance or increase the Smart Cap. Easy peasy!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi goldenfibre 

Just checked my account again still says the Smart Cap is £2

The strange thing is that I can have £0 to £90 why someone would want a £90 cap  see below

Amount must be between £0-90, in £1 increments only

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous I dunno why

Plusnet has confirmed via live chat on mobile contact us the minimum smart cap u can set is £0 and the maximum smart cap u can set is £30.

U better call plusnet mobile customer service or via live chat ask them to change it £0 smart cap if you can't change it from £2 to £0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

It defiantly says £90 not £30 and I have found this

If you signed up, changed your plan or upgraded on or after 29 November 2016 but before 1st October 2018, you’ll see it’s been automatically set at £10, unless you’ve already changed it. Any new customers signing up from 1st October will also have their Smart Cap to £10,

Does the bit about new customers signing up from 1st October etc. mean customers who signed up before will not have the opportunity to change.

I wonder if anyone else who has been with PlusNet before 1st October like myself  has been able to change either up or down on line

Brian A