cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Cap screwed up!

GKPeedOff

Smart Cap screwed up!

I'm currently visiting New Zealand. Within minutes of getting off flight I got 'urgent' message that I'd reached my Smart Cap limit. Impressive as I'd just been on plane for best part of a day with phone in flight mode. Today my bill was paid and Smart Cap reset but then within hours I got the same message again. I'm on WiFi with data switched off. Can't call plusnet as my phone is bricked by 'not so smart' cap. And they have NO WAY of contacting by alternate means. NO email. NO livechat. NO Whatsapp. No idea what to do as I can't use phone which I need for travel and worried I'm getting hit with bills for data I'm not using.
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Re: Smart Cap screwed up!

I suspect the phone’s still allowing data through in some way. Roaming in New Zealand is very expensive, so it won’t be difficult to burn through the data.

Personally in my opinion, the best option is to buy a pay as you go SIM from a company like Spark. It’s what I did when I went travelling over there.

Also there is an email address for mobile queries and that’s mobile-help@plus.net

Hope you have a good time away nonetheless. By far the best country I’ve ever been to. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet