Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 3G data when in Peacehaven

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Slow 3G data when in Peacehaven

2-3 bars, 3G (H+) data but data transfer very slow (e.g. down 0.2M, up 0.6M ping 61).  Location = Peacehaven, East Sussex.  Has been like this ever since I got the SIM card last year.  Have tried different handsets.  When out of the area data speeds are fine.  It's only an issue in Peacehaven.

2 REPLIES 2
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Slow 3G data when in Peacehaven

Hi @cjags

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your data signal.

Have you tried our coverage checker?  https://www.plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker/

Our coverage map is only a guide and not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only and may include locations where mobile devices don’t work. On occasion service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions.

Feel free to send me a private message if there's anything I can do to help Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Slow 3G data when in Peacehaven

Checker reckons I am in a moderate area for 3G and 4G. I don't get 4G but 3G is 2 to 3 bars and phone says it can get H+ for data. The strange bit is the speed of the 3G. It is almost GPRS speed. Is that normal?