cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only upgrade

Stephenkitson97

Sim only upgrade

Hello can somebody please tell me how long you to wait to upgrade a sim only to a handset? And is there a credit check done when upgrading thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Sim only upgrade

Plusnet only offer SIM only plans
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

If you mean you're thinking of joining Plusnet Mobile then yes, there is a credit check I believe. 

If you're struggling to find a supplier due to failed credit checks or just don't want the record then try:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/no_credit_check_sim_only_deals/

(sorry Plusnet Sad )

As you can see there are very few that don't.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @Stephenkitson97,

thanks for getting in touch! If you have a SIM only deal with us you can upgrade to a handset after six months of consecutive direct debit payments, once the seventh bill after this has been produced you can then upgrade to a handset contract. 

As we carry out a credit check when the SIM only deal is taken out we don't need to do any further credit checks for you to upgrade to a handset. Smiley 

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Apologies @Stephenkitson97 I didn't know you could get a handset from PN.

@SarahStewart are these advertised anywhere, I couldn't see anything obvious.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @Colin_Maybe

thanks for the query! We don't advertise our handsets as you do have to be a customer on SIM only for six months to qualify. 

However if you give our sales team a call they can talk through all our handsets with you and get a product card emailed out to you so you can have a browse in your own time. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro

Thanks @SarahStewart but I normally buy my handset outright, I've just never seen this before (and I've been with you for 10 months).

Is there any reason that you can share on why you have to be with PN for 6 months or more to qualify?

Edit: on hindsight I guess it's to make sure they're a reliable payer.

Courtney92

Hi, I have been with plusnet for 10 months. Would I be able to upgrade to a handset contract and how would I do this? Thank you
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @Courtney92, thanks for getting in touch!

You'll just need to give our sales team a call and they can run an eligibility check and complete the application Smiley

The number for them is 0800 079 1133, or you can just dial 500 from the Plusnet SIM.

They're open from 8am until 8pm on weekdays, 9am - 7pm Saturdays and 9am - 6pm on a Sunday!

Thank you

-Oli

Courtney92

Thank you very much Smiley