cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working in brand new Sim-free phone

LindsG

Sim not working in brand new Sim-free phone

I've just bought a sim-free Motorola G82 5g phone. I ported all my data and apps successfully and was able to receive SMS texts as part of the security set up on several apps. Then a couple of hours later the phone dropped the network connection and will not reconnect (it says "Network temporarily unavailable" in settings). The sim works fine if I put it back in my old phone.
In the Network and Internet section of settings, it specifies my mobile network as EE. If I disable "Automatically select network" and then choose Plusnet I get a message to say "service unavailable".
I've tried resetting all network connections and that didn't work. I've also made sure that the phone system updates are all up to date.
I'm wondering if the problem has been caused by the Plusnet's transition to EE. Does the sim hold a record of a device IMEI because obviously that will have changed with my new phone.
3 REPLIES 3
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Sim not working in brand new Sim-free phone

Welcome to the Forum,

Just a thought have you checked the phones APN settings see below 

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

LindsG

Thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't fixed the problem even after restarting the phone.
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@LindsG Ey up, I've sent you a PM for your details so I can have a nosy at the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team