cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not arrived

Kaylo

Sim not arrived

My new sim was sent last week but it hasn't arrived yet. My old number transfer has went through so I'm now disconnected from previous supplier so can't call and don't have a home phone. Can someone please get back to me?
6 REPLIES 6
Robo2PNForum
Hooked

Re: Sim not arrived

Just a "me too" post, Kaylo.

I signed up on a Wednesday, SIM was posted the next day, and I hoped it would arrive on the Friday or Saturday. I was informed by email that my old number was transferred over to Plusnet on the Monday. 

Problem being, the SIM hadn't arrived! I was therefore left without a working mobile phone. So I rang Plusnet customer service, spoke to a very helpful lady who promised that a replacement would be sent out. It arrived on the Tuesday and required another call to customer service to activate it with the number I'd transferred over. 

Incidentally, the original SIM arrived on the Friday of that week, i.e. 8 days after being posted. 

My advice therefore: ring customer service ASAP.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Kaylo 

I'm really sorry to see your SIM hasn't arrived yet and apologies for the delayed staff response.

Can you drop me a private message with the following details?

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StephenWoods

Has this got sorted, was going send gandalf a Pm, but apparently I don't have access to this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@StephenWoods What happens when you try to send a private message?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Suspiriac

This is obviously still an issue for plusnet. My sim hasn't arrived and they've already ported my number over so I can't call them. No service. I note they've already taken the first payment though. GREAT start to a new contract.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @Suspiriac and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm really sorry to see you hadn't received your SIM from us before your number ported.

I hope you've got this sorted now but if you haven't, feel free to private message me the following information.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet