cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim has not arrived - number ported

MrM1

Sim has not arrived - number ported

I stupidly took advantage of the Black Friday offers and ordered a Plusnet Sim. I got my PAC code from my previous service provider and entered it when I ordered.

Result: My sim has not shown up and my number was ported on Tuesday morning. I am unreachable for work and cannot validate details for online banking and other services. I spoke with customer services yesterday who validated my address and issued another sim, but this may not arrive until Monday.

What can I do to get my number back before the weekend? I profoundly regret my decision to join this service.
4 REPLIES 4
binky987
Hooked

Re: Sim has not arrived - number ported

The same thing happened to my partner, and she still doesn't have a working phone.

To make things worse, the customer service rep told her it was her own fault for providing the pac code before she had the new sim. It had to be pointed out that this is the way the sign up form is written, it asks if you want to bring a number then won't let you proceed without providing the pac code.

Be aware, my partner then experienced an issue with activating the replacement sim, and is still waiting for customer service to resolve the issue The old ported number is now with plusnet, but in limbo, with no sim attached to it.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @MrM1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that despite your number porting over due to the sim card delivery you're currently without a mobile service. If you could please drop me a private message with the following we'll happily look into this for you and see if there's anything further we can do to help.

In order to pass security on the account can you please confirm over private message your:
-Mobile Number
-Full Name and if you're the account holder
-Full Address
-Last 2 digits of sort code and account number
-Date of birth

I look forwards to hearing from you.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @binky987, thanks for getting in touch also and I'm sorry to hear your partner hasn't had the greatest of starts since joining our mobile service. I'd recommend if you prompt her to drop us a message on here, Twitter or to give our mobile support team a call then after passing security we'll certainly look into this for you further and see what we can do to help.

Our mobile support team are contactable directly on 0800 328 4688 and they are open between the following hours:
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00

We look forwards to hearing from you.

binky987
Hooked

Thanks for the offer, but i am pleased to say that after multiple attempts with customer services and speaking to a very sympathetic senior person last night, it has finally been resolved today.

She had an email at 9:30 this morning informing that the port would happen today.

At 11:53 I had a call from Michelle in customer services ( as agreed on Saturday ), to ask my partner to contact customer services to activate the stuck sim

At 12:28 the sim card was live with the ported number.

A £20 good will credit gesture was added to her account to compensate for the 7 days without service and the purchase of a £10 PAYG sim over the weekend so that she could continue to pay for things like parking using her phone.

I am pleased that the issue has been resolved, but disappointed to see that it took 7 days, and a total of almost 10 calls to customer services.

Some suggestions:

Plusnet should review the sim port procedure. Do not switch off a working sim until you are able to confirm your own plusnet sim has arrived and is active on your network. The whole sim port process ought to be total automatic when the replacement sim with the temporary number is inserted.

If the port is stuck for whatever reason, do everything you can to leave the customer with a working phone, even if you have to give them free access until you can resolve the billing side of the account.