cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Activation - 5 days and still waiting

digitalfm

Sim Card Activation - 5 days and still waiting

I ordered a plusnet SIM on Sunday 5th Aug. The Sim was sent out Monday and received Wednesday 8th Aug.

It's now Friday 10th Aug and the SIM is still not activated.

I spoke to customer services twice who although apologetic said there was nothing they can do, I need to just wait. 

Apparently PlusNet are aware there's a problem and there's no timeline on when they will fix the issues or the backlog.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I moved from my current provider to Plusnet thinking they were good, but unfortunately not the case so far. My wife recently bought a SIM card from ID (Carphone warehouse) and the whole process was seamless.

If there was a delay I would have at least expected an email apologising, and advising they are working on it. I'm a pretty reasonable person so that would have been ok for me. No comms at all is not ok.

Poor service all round which i'm a little surprised at by Plusnet. Not as great as they make out 😒

10 REPLIES 10
CatsJan

Re: Sim Card Activation - 5 days and still waiting

I received my Sim card on wed 8th August and received emails confirming that all was going to plan and that I was to expect to be activated by late yesterday. I have phoned Plusnet this morning who asked me to switch off on flight mode , reinsert the Sim card and switch on again . In the meantime they are sending out a new Sim card ! Of course I tried to reinsert Sim card switching on and off and no joy!!

I thought as we have recently switched to Plusnet broadband and telephone ( landline) that switching mobile network would have been straightforward. I have no mobile meanwhile. Just continues to state " not registered on network" - So so frustrating and very inconvenient.

Andhill

I have the same problem new customer,  new sim ring the cowboys up  they sorry we can not do anything no time frame, I think I should have stayed with Tesco, I can not cancel the account because they have not set it up yet, is that what you would call catch 22 really fed up

digitalfm

It's Sunday and still nothing. It's now been almost a week and i've had the sim card 5 days and still no activation. 1-2 working days? Really?

Come on PlusNet, surely you can give us some kind of expectation. Is the activation, hours, days, or weeks away. Not knowing is incredibly frustrating, especially the fact I still need to do a port transfer when the account is finally updated.

Andhill

So why are the plusnet team, not reading these posts because they have not got a clue what to do or say, and quite frankly I do not think they give a dam,they have my direct debit details and a first payment,so stuff you Mr customer

digitalfm

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming hard. I'm starting to wish I just stayed with Vodafone.

Plusnet, are you out there to respond?

Sad

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry that this post has been missed and that you're waiting for your SIMs to be activated but haven't been given a timeframe for when the issue that's causing the delay will be resolved - I can appreciate the inconvenience that this must be causing and I will be passing feedback on in regards to your poor experience here.

I'll need to speak to our mobile operations team to find out what is happening in regards to this issue and to try and get an accurate timeframe for when this will be resolved. Unfortunately, the team are out of the office today but I will pick this up with them tomorrow and I will be back in touch on here once I've received an update from them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
digitalfm

Thanks for picking this up Emily! 

I look forward to your update tomorrow Smiley

Andhill

Hi thanks from me also, really hope you can get some answers from the operations team 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

I've discussed this with our operations team today and they've advised that there is an issue whereby some SIMs on certain tarrifs aren't activating due to an issue with the tarrif on our supplier's system - they're working with our suppliers to try and get this resolved as soon as possible but haven't yet been able to confirm when this will be fixed. I'll let you know when we receive an update on this.

They have also suggested that we check to make sure that you are being affected by this issue and that it's not something else that's causing the delay to your SIM activation. Please can you send me your order numbers via private message and I'll pass them over to the operations team to check?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jsdevlin65

Same problem here, received the sim last Wednesday and still not activated. Private messages the order number. Thanks for looking into this!