cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 4G not working.

DaveHun

Sim 4G not working.

I go to Kiev and use a vodaphone pay as you go sim,  on my return,  I put my Plusnet sim back in and my phone and it works fine.  4 days later the 4G stops working. I get a replacement sim and that doesn’t work either. I put the sim in another phone and it works. I put another sim in my own phone and it works.  

I have reset the network settings. I have reset the phone on a soft and hard reset. ( I phone 6) Mobile data is on. Tried it with roaming on and off and it still doesn’t work. Now have to wait another 5 days for techs to look at it.  Any suggestions peeps because I’m stumped now.  There seems to be a problem with a Plusnet sim and my phone. 

1 REPLY 1
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Sim 4G not working.

Hi DaveHun,

As you have advised that the SIM works in another phone, it appears the issue could be with the handset. I would advise to speak with the handset manufacturer for further advice. 

Having said this, I can still advise of some troubleshooting steps that may help.

I would advise to perform a network reset. You can do this by the following:

• Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I would also suggest checking the handset for any previous network profiles that could be stored; this could even be from the network of the SIM card that you recently used abroad.

We have found through general troubleshooting previously, that it can be Vodafone profiles already stored on the handset, that tend to interfere with the configuration of the mobile data on the SIM card.

If any are listed, I would advise to delete them all, you can do this by the following: 

To remove a configuration profile in iOS:
  1. On your iOS device, open Settings > General.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles. If you do not see a "Profiles" section, you do not have a configuration profile installed.
  3. In the "Profiles" section, select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

Just to advise, our 4G network applies to data only, not calls and texts. Any call and text services, will be sent and received via the 3G frequency band. 

If the above does not resolve the issue, I would await the 5 working days for our Operations Team to investigate this, as this is the highest point of contact that we can escalate this to. 

- Rebeka