Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I transfer to plusnet mobile?

dazzh
Grafter

Should I transfer to plusnet mobile?

Hi,

I'm currently with GiffGaff however I am thinking of transferring to Plusnet. However I'm concerned about the number of issues highlighted in the forum about porting a number over.

The threads that I have read regarding this are quite concerning, however could someone reassure me that these are isolated cases and that a majority of numbers are transferred within the 1-2 days that Plusnet stipulate. 

Thanks

47 REPLIES 47
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Should I transfer to plusnet mobile?

I'm transferring from GiffGaff myself, I haven't received my sim yet so I'll have to come back to you on the process.

That said, on forums like these you only tend to get the people who have had issues who need advice or help. If it transfers over quickly with no issues people won't actually come here and tell you so.

dazzh
Grafter

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let me know how it goes for you, if it's not too much trouble.

Appreciate what you say about the community however you never know there may be people, like yourself, who come on and give some comment as to how it has went for them. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Of course, I was going to anyway. I only ordered on Saturday morning but I'll bookmark this page and come back when I'm up and running.

dazzh
Grafter

Thanks, it will be interesting to see how you get on and hopefully provide some reassurance should I decide to go ahead with moving. 

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@dazzh

My number transfer took place on the morning following my call to Customer Service giving them my PAC code. The process went smoothly and I was only without service for approximately 4 hours.

I agree with @Colin_Maybe in that I suspect that the vast majority of number transfers have probably gone through problem-free and it's only the handful that have issues who have come onto the forum looking for answers.

dazzh
Grafter

Thats good to hear.

I think both of you are right in that people will only come on hear to address issues that they are having. However it's nice to hear when it all goes according to plan and it does provide some reassurance to prospective customers.

madbanana
Grafter

I am in the process of transferring two accounts from Giffgaff to PlusNet - solely because the signal is so poor here and O2 flatly refuse to do anything about it - despite me also being a corporate customer.

SIMs both arrived activated within two days of ordering - am about to launch the PAC process so will update on my experiences - good or bad!

brightonbelle
Grafter

I guess the forum is where people with the problems go, those without issues probably don't even know the forum exists.

Bit like the giffgaff forum really.

dazzh
Grafter

Thanks to all for the quick replies.

Will be interested to see how the transfers go, hopefully all will be well and provide some reassurance to myself if/when I decide to go ahead and transfer.

SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Just transferred my own, my wife's, and my daughters mobile accounts to PlusNet, after many years with Virgin Mobile, wishing to save some money, and lower my blood pressure after talking to operators in the Phillipines, who really aren't interested!

I received all three SIM cards within a couple of days.  I waited, as instructed for 2 days to pass after receiving the confirmation email.  I put the SIM in my phone and "No service".  Stupid me!  I needed to select a network.  PlusNet came up instantly on all three.

I texted "PORT" on all three.  This went without a hitch on two, but the other would not accept it, so I phoned PlusNet.  I was answered within 45 seconds, and the UK operator did the port request.  That was Thursday. All numbers ported by the end of Friday.  All mobiles working perfectly.

In a nutshell, I'm very impressed so far.  Well done PlusNet!

Mayfly
All Star

I was going to transfer my mobile to PN in the new year as I want to use my credit up first however after reading the forum I was having doubts. Currently I am PAYG and take a bundle if away from home with internet included so the the deals PN offer would actually cost me more in the long run but decided I can afford and why not - if the home connection goes down at least I have a back up.

I am, like you say, aware that only those with a grumble post here in the main, so I suspect PN mobile isn't as bad as it appears. Anyway on a 30 day contract I can always move back and in fairness to PN I have never had any problem and this is my 8th year with them.

djnield

I joined the forum just to reply you.

No problems for us when we switched from GG. All done within the day and the speed is oh so different! Cheesy

dazzh
Grafter

What a great forum, can't believe all the replies which have been informative and really appreciated in helping me make a decision on how to progress with this.

anton
Hooked

As well as this forum people with problems may also go to the customer service phone support where they might not get the best advice or help (eg after 2 days waiting for a port in and then unable to receive texts they suggest you have to wait 24 hours before some calls you). There's also their 'speak to someone online'. I tried that and they wouldn't speak to me because they couldn't find my account, even though I had the right user name, postcode etc.

I've found this form more helpful, but it seems to me Plusnet are overextended with their offers and launch with Life mobile. If you're thinking of porting in just now my advice is don't be like me and wonder if I'll ever get my number back. Otherwise good luck with their skill level of customer service.