Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcodes work?

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Shortcodes work?

I'm on Android. I remember that in the past, when I received a spam text, I couldn't report it to Google via report spam feature as the reporting number was a shortcode. I have just reported a bunch of old spam texts and it worked, and I got the automated "thanks for reporting " replies.

Similarly, yesterday I logged in to my Gov.uk account and had an authorisation text from their shortcode number. Now I can go to the conversation and I see "texting with ...", as if I can reply.

Does that mean that Plusnet now supports shortcodes?Huh

4 REPLIES 4
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Shortcodes work?

You are able to receive shortcode messages with Plusnet but are not able to reply to them other than to transferring mobile providers via PAC codes 

pkw
Aspiring Pro

How is it that I am able to report spam to a shortcode number, which is sending?

Does anyone know a shortcode number I can send a text to for free to test this?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Is the number you are sending the spam texts to 7726? , if so, I would assume the reason it works, is because it is a condition set out by Ofcom to all UK mobile providers.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/7726-reporting-scam...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Yes, it is. It makes sense then.