cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Codes and Adult Content

Anonymous
Not applicable

Short Codes and Adult Content

There are a lots of post regarding these two subjects on the fora, so would it not make sense for Plusnet to send the user a welcome text along the lines of:

Welcome to Plusnet Mobile.
Remember that Plusnet does not support short codes and if you would like to remove the Adult content blocking then please do Huh

Just an idea and one that I don't think would be to difficult to implement.

6 REPLIES 6
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Short Codes and Adult Content

Too sensible!
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi there 

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LivRobinson - The link you provided don't work, it generates a 404!

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro

Apologies, @Anonymous, I pasted this with an extra space at the end... oops!

@Mav has now fixed the link and you should be able to follow this to get to the T&C's Smiley -Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

No apology needed, none of us are perfect.

I've been reading and I see no reason as to why this can’t be done, given the assumption that the user has already agreed to the T&Cs (regardless of whether they have actually read them) all you are doing with the SMS is to remind them.

Also you say that the T&Cs are read out over the phone! I suspect that may not be the case unless you are referring to the ‘Handy Summary’ version? Assuming it is, I see no reference to Short Codes or Adult Content in it, or are you saying the three documents that comprise the Mobile T&Cs are read verbatim to each and every customer?

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro

All customers have different wants and needs meaning that each customer will regard different terms as the most important ones to them. There would be no way to fairly chose the 'most important' terms to send in a welcome SMS that would suit everyone.

With regards to the T&C's over the phone, the full document from the website is not the one read out, but as part of the legal script customers are guided to view the full terms over at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/. It is then down to our customers to have a look at this if they need any further info.

I will be feeding your suggestion back to the Team and we will be sure to look into this, but as advised there is no guarantee that it will be something that will be implemented.

Thanks
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team