cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Code text

nontechmike
Hooked

Short Code text

I don't seem to be able to use short code texting.  As a result I can't do any of the following:

• Donations to charity
  • Undertake online banking with some of my accounts/banks
  • Subscribe to wanted services
  • Stop services I no longer wish to subscribe to
  • Confirm the validation of a request - prescription changes, banking transactions, email confirmations
  • Etc Etc

I dont see this as a feature - any more than I would call being able to talk on my mobile or access the internet.   This is fundamental.  I have only just joined Plusnet and already tripped over this.

When will this be fixed or is my only choice to find another Service provider?Huh

10 REPLIES 10
Mikey_Co

Re: Short Code text

It's an endless source of complaint here. I sent a similar message last year after joining

You'll get the standard response that it's something they're looking into providing, but so far it's just words.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@nontechmike wrote:

When will this be fixed or is my only choice to find another Service provider?Huh

It's not a fix and is an unsupported feature, so if you need it then moving is your only option. It is only sending to short codes that isn't available, you can receive them.

I like the fact it's not available as do some others. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @nontechmike,

A warm welcome to Plusnet and the forums!

With regards to short codes, it's something we do not have a facility for currently, once we have further news on this it will be communicated out to all our customers. I'm sorry this was not the response you were looking for.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you.

nontechmike
Hooked

I see this as an open issue.  I understand how some people may not want it but I believe the vast majority do.  So just like Plusnet included a Smart Cap to protect the "vulnerable" then short code texting could be subject to an opt out (or opt in) and therefore everyone can get what they want/need.  Please make sure your service development teams are aware of the very high level of your Customers that want this.   You make a big deal about the "Plusnet family" in your advertising so here is your chance to demonstrate you really do care for the Family and get this limitation, that none of the main Operators suffer from, fixed quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon nontechmike ,

if you search posts on this Community there are dozens of people says exactly what you have said for years

When it was Life mobile the users could not use shorts codes its a follow on from that

Personally I do not need or want short codes as they can cost a lot of money and you can get tricked into receiving them by scams

I would prefer to have a full EE 4G Signal  

There are things you can do on EE but not PlusNet and people think its all the same as they say they use EE

If you need short codes I would not wait I would move straight away

Its all to do with you get what you pay for  

Brian A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again nontechmike 

You did another post when I was doing mine

Very well put if it was a opt in or opt out that would please everyone

Brian A

nontechmike
Hooked

Hi Brian

You mention a full EE 4G Signal.  Are you suggesting that somehow as Plusnet subscribers we don't get the full EE 4G coverage?Huh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again nontechmike 

There are many many posts about PlusNet's lack of EEs full 4G is you a have an hour to spare do a search

I have put a link to a recent good one

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Do-Plusnet-customers-get-full-EE-coverage/m-p/1533809#M8853

Brian A

nontechmike
Hooked

WOW - no mention of this when they trot out the advertising blurb about being on the excellent EE network.  Bordering on fraudulent omission I would say.  Beginning to regret signing upto a 12 month deal.  I thought it was "good value for money" but its increasingly looking like "you get what you pay for". Oh dear  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi nontechmike 

I would see how you get on I was Life when we knew it was only 3G

There are very few places I don't get 4G but some places my friend on EE she gets 4G that's how I knew there was a difference

Everything else works fine and as I have reduced my cap to zero  I know I will be paying £10

Please don't worry just give it a chance

Brian A