cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Code SMS - is support ever going to come?

eduk

Short Code SMS - is support ever going to come?

I've recently made several online purchases triggering an SMS from my credit card company saying "Please reply Y if all the shown transactions are yours or N if not". These come from a "Short Code" number.

I've been unable to reply to these and have had to phone my credit card fraud line 3 times over the past 3 weeks to get the transactions cleared. I didn't believe my credit card company when they told me it was my mobile network provider and I needed to get this feature enabled..

But, lo and behold, it seems like PlusNet does not support replying to such messages from "Short Code" numbers, that people have been complaining about it for years and there is no way to enable it on an account.

Is support ever going to come as these short code texts requiring a response seem to be used more and more?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Short Code SMS - is support ever going to come?

Hi @eduk 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with shortcodes. 

Unfortunately, this isn't something we support currently but we do now have shortcode facility for cancellations under Ofcom regulations.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

TxRxFx
Dabbler

Can you please explain how I can enable my Plusnet mobile account to enable texting 5 number SMS?
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @TxRxFx,

I'm afraid that we don't support short code usage via our mobile services.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team