Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Texts Fails

milos71
Dabbler

Sending Texts Fails

Seem to be having issues sending texts.

Have to send them several times to them to send. Usually the text comes back as failed. Eventually after multiple resends the text gets through. However the individuals I text to may receive several messages as more than 1 resend may get to them. Have no confidence in texting with Plusnet at the moment.

Called customer services late yesterday and was informed they had had reports of it happening to others. But had no time-scale as to when it is likely to be resolved.

Won't know if it is fixed until I send texts and they fail.

Would help if there was a specific 'Plusnet on EE service page' but I know this has been forwarded as a suggestion to powers that be in another message thread.

In another forum thread a user mentioned numbers ported over in December were affected. I am one of those customers.

Second time features I pay for have been interrupted. Back end of December last year had the issue with making/ receiving calls & texts & data. Total failure of service for nearly 2 days.

Is it too much to ask that the service is stable and consistent. EE Network has always been rock solid for me in the past when I was with Orange/EE.

8 REPLIES 8
Angelo
Hooked

Re: Sending Texts Fails

Hi,

Having exactly same problem. Texts are crucial in my case, as I'm contacting loads of people via texts on everyday basis (mostly my customers!!!). I rang yesterday only to be told that there were no issues reported (???) and rang this morning to be told the same thing!!!

Hope it gets fixed soon, as I've already started looking for another provider, can't afford to experience such issues.

Angelo
Hooked

Hi,

Having exactly same problem. Texts are crucial in my case, as I'm contacting loads of people via texts on everyday basis (mostly my customers!!!). I rang yesterday only to be told that there were no issues reported (???) and rang this morning to be told the same thing!!!

Hope it gets fixed soon, as I've already started looking for another provider, can't afford to experience such issues.

Regards.

jewelie
Dabbler

Try just sending short (less than 160 character) messages.  So far all short ones are going through for me, but multi-part ones are not.

Angelo
Hooked

That doesn't work neither. Even single short texts are not being sent (1-2 out of 10 are sent)

milos71
Dabbler

Plusnet have added a status page to this issue:

https://goo.gl/egz4eU

jewelie
Dabbler

Angelo
Hooked

Yes they are aware. But I've been told twice when rang CS that there are no known issues Huh

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-Mobile-Text-Message-Issues/m-p/1431414
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'