cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 has not voicemail notification

FIXED
Illumination

Re: Samsung s8 has not voicemail notification

Just bumping this thread to see if Plusnet have any updates; I changed my phone last month from a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) to the A5 (2017) and have no longer been getting voicemail notifications.  As many have already said, it's a pretty basic feature and an absolute nuisance not to have it.  Especially when, in the absence of a notification, you have to pay a call charge to dial voicemail to check if there's any messages.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Illumination,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Rest assured this has not been overlooked, I'm still awaiting a reply from our Operations Team regarding this. I understand my last contact to the thread was on ‎18-03-2018 however, the Team are performing an extensive investigation into the Voicemail feature. I'm unable to advise of what the outcome will be, or if there will be any changes implemented however, I'll certainly chase this up with my manager and get an email sent across requesting an update. 

As soon as I have a response, I'll be sure to post this in the thread.

- Rebeka 

bowieben
Hooked

Well, today I just missed a call and seconds later I got a voicemail notification!

Perhaps this has finally been fixed!?

Ben

notasuch
Dabbler

Hi Ben,

Just did a test on My Samsung A5 (2017).

Unfortunately not fixed. 😞

jw2

Please un-mark this thread as 'fixed', since it is not fixed. Both I (on a Samsung A3 2017) and my partner (on a Samsung A5 2017) have this issue, and very annoying it is too. In fact, it's annoying enough that we might well return to our previous MVNO (who had no such problem).

HashBrown5
Dabbler

Just move to GafGaf. Honestly it's so much better than Plusnet and my voicemail works again without any problems, as it should!
bowieben
Hooked

This definitely seems to be working ok now on my galaxy s8.

Ta

Ben

notasuch
Dabbler

Unfortunately my Samsung A5(2017) still not receiving message alerts.  Just tried it there and took latest phone filmware too in case that would help.

Please keep trying Plusnet - otherwise I'm happy with the service.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience during this time, it's much appreciated. 

I have received an update from our Operations Team regarding the Voicemail notifications. 

As part of the investigation process, the Team have requested that we receive 3 examples from each individual, that is experiencing the lack of notifications, specific to their accounts. 

The three examples need to consist of the following and need to include your mobile number linked to the account and/or account number:

• Make and model of the handset
  • Time and date the Voicemail was left
  • The number of the person leaving the Voicemail
  • The postcode in which you're in at that time
  • Any error message that occurs

It's important that these examples are 2 hours apart and within a 24 hour window. 

If you could please send me or the following staff, @CharlieRobinson @LivRobinson @MichaelWilliams a Private Message with the 3 examples, we'll get them sent across to the Team as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you can always give us a call on 500 free from your SIM, to have these processed. 

Due to staffing timescales, if we don't reply within the same working day, I would advise to call in with your examples, as they do expire within 24 hours. 

- Rebeka 

bnichlsn
Hooked

Hi All,

From a user's perspective this problem has been solved. See message 70 on page 5 from pdwatling. Just use the "A better voicemail" app. I just moved to PlusNet mobile a few days ago and was horrified to find that voicemail notification did not work on my Samsung A3 2017. I thought that I had make a mistake moving to Plusnet even with the good deal I received. I almost considered moving back to Vodafone!!. I contacted Plusnet and Samsung and got passed from one to the other with no success. Then I found this thread and the app. Forget moving to another provider. Forget uninstalling Android 7. Forget changing SIMs. Just install the app. It's FREE. It works. Problem solved!! Plusnet may not have solved their problem, but I don't care. I've moved on. Tick. Done. Rebeka, why don't you offer this solution as an acceptable workaround? Make your life easier and everyone else's too!!

Potiti

Hi Bnichisn.

Do you have a link for "A better voicemail" as I can't find it on the UK play store for android?

Thanks.
pdwatling
Hooked

It seems to have been removed which is a bit worrying. It's still working on my phone 

bnichlsn
Hooked

You are right, the app has been removed from the PlayStore!! What a pain! The Company name is Gabriloware.

Here are some links. Hopefully you can get one to work!!

http://download.cnet.com/Better-VoiceMail-Notifier-Pro/3000-2094_4-75788372.html

https://a-better-voicemail-notifier.soft112.com/modal-download.html

https://apkpure.co/better-voicemail-notifier-pro/

There is a Pro version for $2.79 which won't break the bank. I use the free version.

If that all fails there are several other apps in the Play Store which APPEAR to perform the same function. Give them a try.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bnichlsn,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm unable to advise of the app which allows the Voicemail notifications, as it is a third party app and has no relation to Plusnet mobile itself.

We cannot suggest or advise our customers to use an app that we're not affiliated with, due to the possibility of this not working or causing damage to the customers phone. It is at the customers discretion if they wish try any apps suggested by the community and Plusnet mobile are not liable for this. 

- Rebeka 

bnichlsn
Hooked

OK Rebeka,

I understand your comments. Did you remove my reply to Potiti containing links to "A better voicemail notifier" app? If so did I break one of the posting rules? How else could I have responded to Potiti?