Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 has not voicemail notification

FIXED
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Re: Samsung s8 has not voicemail notification

Glad I found this thread, both our phones (iPhone 6s), with Plusnet SIMs have just notified us of all the voicemails we were left last week... Crazy

I'm sorry but being notified that you have been left a voicemail is not "a premium feature", it's been standard functionality in every phone, on every network I have ever used in the last 20 years! 

A number of family and friends also use an MNO and they don't have this issue either (giffgaff and Tesco Mobile to name 2). 

I have given notice on both SIMs.

Stretch1

Just found this thread and amazed it was marked as fixed. I have a S8 and noticed if you leave a message from another phone and observe the S8 screen it briefly wakes but no voicemail notification received, as Oreo is now rolling out I only hope it may work after update, failing that, the better voicemail app is working for me.
Stretch1

just upgraded to Oreo tried sending voicemail to myself and hey presto notification recieved Cheesy early days I know but looking good

SAABDude
Grafter

Be interesting to see if Oreo fixes it for anyone else and permanently, not just a few days. My Samsung is still on nougat. No update yet.
stewartmanley
Hooked

I'm afraid my patience won't last that long, I'm switching networks.
Stretch1

Spoke too soon, just tested again and got the screen wake up but no notification. However restated and still no notification, going backwards with this one.
pdwatling
Hooked

Just install the free version of the "A Better Voicemail" app and all your problems are solved!

I discovered that my wife's A3 was also not showing voicemail notifications on Plusnet, so I've now set it up and tested it on hers as well as my S8.

notasuch
Dabbler

Hear Hear, A combination of the handset and Plusnet's tech. (I have A5 (2017) with this issue)  Please, Please Plusnet try and find a solution to this.  

SAABDude
Grafter

Dear PlusNet support / Rebeka,

Did this get passed on to your Support Team?  My understanding was that you were going to gather evidence (we were sending you info to your private messaging inbox - plus there is all the testing mentioned in this thread) - and then it was all going to get passed to the Support Team who would investigate.

Did this get progressed as I don't think I've seen an update with a comment that the info has been passed on - or is being looked at.

Thanks.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi SAABDude,

I recently chased this up however, it is still being investigated at the moment.

I have been assured that as soon as there is a response, I'll be updated with this. 

- Rebeka 

Geoffers1

Just to join the discussion...

I've been helping a friend with a Samsung Galaxy J7(2017) where the Voicemail Notification icon never appears.

However on my Motorola Moto-G5 it works fine  - the icon always appears when a Voicemail message is waiting.

So -

1. Plus Net Voicemail server clearly does push out VM notifications
  2. It would appear to be something in the Samsung implementation of Voicemail which is not accepting the VM notification, since much googling seems to point to many Samsung users with this problem
  3. However neither P.N. nor Samsung  seem to accept that they have a problem, and each blames the other
paulstevo

Hi,

I also have this problem on a OnePlus 3, fully up to date with available updates. I believe I have always had the problem since joining Plusnet. I don't receive much voicemail but when I do it is important and generally find out days or weeks later when it either randomly works or generally appears due to a reboot, usually the latter!

I echo the sentiments above. Like voice and text, voicemail is base functionality and should be supported and work reliably. Between this and the lack of an ability to send messages to short code numbers (I was told this isn't supported to reduce spam???) that's annoying me about an otherwise good service, it's making me consider moving away.

Cheers,

Paul.

Geoffers1

Follow-up to the above... We have swapped Sims between phones, and BOTH Sims leave a voicemail waiting icon on both phones!!!
However, for some reason my friend's Sim in her Samsung phone doesn't get the VM waiting icon - which is still the case having swapped the Sims back.
I have read on other threads that getting a replacement Sim from P.N may solve the problem, so maybe we'll try this.
SAABDude
Grafter

It does seem to be an issue for certain combinations of phones / OS and SIMs. If I use my SIM in my phone it doesn't work. My SIM in my fiancee's phone works fine. Both phones are Samsung J5 but mine is on nougat, fiancee on marshmallow. PN are awaiting investigation by their support team apparently.
Frenchy70

Well what a nice surprise I've had today. I've not had any voice mail notifications at all since I swapped my iPhone to a Samsung s8 in December. 

Last night I did an overnight update as prompted to by Android, and hey Presto this morning I've been receiving my 555 voice mail notifications. 
So all I can gather is that finally Plusnet have done something their end to now make the S8 compatible with their voicemail server.