cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 New Sim Today, Calls but no data,

mikeypr
Hooked

Samsung S4 New Sim Today, Calls but no data,

Just had time to pop my new Plusnet Sim in this evening, I have entered the APN settings correctly, but am not getting any data.

No 4G / 3G for Data.

Reboted, took out Sim to clean.  No help.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Samsung S4 New Sim Today, Calls but no data,

Although I am not on Plusnet mobile personally I have had this exact problem with my mobile service before in my case it was something at the mobile operators end that was not setup properly. Based on this I would assume your problem would be something similar. In this case I would advise that you raise this with customer services here

James

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi mikeypr,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. If you have ported your number across to Plusnet mobile, it could be that it hasn't fully completed just yet. This would be the reason as to why you'll be receiving intermittent/no service at times until the port has processed.

If you would like me to take a look into this, send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to do so. 

- Rebeka Smiley

InfamousTeal

Same exact problem with me. Customer services have sent me out a new SIM, seems its happening to lots of new users.

LiviHam

My number ported OK mid-December - calls, SMS OK but mobile data very erratic, regardless of location / signal strength.  On my second SIM now and no better.  Gave CS three instances of problem (time, location, symptom) on Tues this week, and waiting for operations team to investigate and get back to me within 5 working days...

Samsung S4 Mini - ported from Asda (also EE, but only 3G).

mikeypr
Hooked

Replacement Sim came today, Still not working.

Seems loads of people having problems.

Sporadic999
Dabbler

I am having the same problem. Support are telling me there are data problems on the network with no known date to fix. There seems to be no way of knowing when the data problems are fixed, so it is hard to know where the problem is, the SIM the network my phone or the settings. Very frustrating for a new customer.

mikeypr
Hooked

Looks like I will be cancelling tomorrow then.

Have not been told this, just given the APN setting that I asked for again.

Looks like most of the staff are in the dark, the same as we are.

Oh well. Sky was my 2nd choice.  Hope its a 30day contract.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Sky's a 12 month contract and if you're not with them or leave their TV package mid mobile term then the price will increase by £10 a month, Cheap it isn't.

mikeypr
Hooked

That's a pity.  Oh well it's back to Three's 321,

Not paying £5 for 250 mins a month.

Still not working, so going to cancel.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

The Network Support Team have confirmed that they have identified the issue that was preventing customers from using data. A fix was implemented last night for all new customers. We are working on a fix for any existing customers and will have further information later today.

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

mikeypr
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

Sadly they missed the boat.

I have already cancelled the contract, and will be cancelling my DD later today.

It's a pity, as the deal was good for me.  Ho Hum.  That's life I suppose,  I'm always just too late.

Thank you for all your help,