cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS texts to PlusNet exchange line not delivered.

johnwnice
Dabbler

SMS texts to PlusNet exchange line not delivered.

Subject says it all, really.  I suspect this is the first time I've tried to text home since converting to PlusNet mobile.  I sent two texts, received 'delivered' messages but the SMSs were not delivered.  Is this yet another 'service' not available from EE?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SMS texts to PlusNet exchange line not delivered.

Hi I am a PlusNet mobile user ex Life  and I able to text to landlines ( the message comes up as from BT )

Have you tried to text someone else not a PlusNet landline to check if it works to them.

johnwnice
Dabbler

Good idea, thanks.  I've tried another number and no joy.  Anyway, you've confirmed that SMS is a provided service (unlike short number working) so it goes in as a fault report.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Just tried texting my home phone and it worked fine too. Came up as 'Col's mob' since I'm in the address book.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The good thing you don't get charged.

Even though my mobile number is stored in the land line phone it just gives the number as 0749******* not 44749****** and you have to press 1 to listen to the message

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Dependant on your landline phone I presume then, mine shows as a text message on the handset.

johnwnice
Dabbler

Finally nailed it:  Google messenger as supplied by Moto has a bug.  I substituted a 3rd party SMS message app and everything works.

John