Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS from John Lewis finance

FIXED
rogerd4
Fixes: 1

SMS from John Lewis finance

I'm not able to receive SMS One Time Passwords to access my accounts with John Lewis Finance. Other OTPs work fine. John Lewis said they were looking into it as they are aware of a problem "with Plusnet" and I don't see anybody else on here with this problem? Is Plusnet also aware of this problem?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: SMS from John Lewis finance

Sorry but Plusnet do not support the short codes for messages.

To use that system you will need to migrate to a provider that does

The issue is well documented on the forum.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

As far as I'm aware, you can receive SMS from short code numbers, but you can not send them.  The OP is saying they aren't receiving them, if I've understood correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rogerd4

pjmarsh's assumption is correct. Most banks etc send SMS OTP's nowadays and I have no problem with these except with John Lewis Finance. The OTP is sent when requested on their website but is never received.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@rogerd4 

Out of interest, can you try finding out from John Lewis some more information on what the issue is? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rogerd4

Fix

Whatever the problem was, it is now sorted. I logged in to John Lewis finance yesterday and the OTP now works fine so I can't really say where the problem was.........