Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Shortcodes

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: SMS Shortcodes

I've asked for my PAC code today, mainly due to poor signal at my home area, & also the the non-supporting of short codes issue.

The lack of signal in our home & in the immediate surrounding area is a real problem.

MartinTerry839

Re: SMS Shortcodes

I have had a Plusnet account for 2 years now and it is becoming an increasing problem that I am unable to reply to shortcode  text messages. This has just happened to me with a text from BT about a problem with my Broadband and Email. I spent 20 minutes talking to 3 different people in their call centres and got precisely nowhere, all because I could reply to their text and tell them how to contact me. In fact the system said the text was chargeable, but when I replied that I would acccept the charge it then said it couldn't send it because of the number (great system design!) When I called 500 and asked about this I was curtly told that Plusnet does dot handle shortcodes and has no plans to. I looked onvthe Forum and I see that a lot of people are finding this a problem as well. 

Come on Plusnet, how about listening to your customers? If you don't you will start to lose them because more and more organisations are using shortcode texts that need a reply Personally I would be willing to pay a reasonable extra amount each month to have this option, or to pay on a text by text basis.