cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM left in caravan

gwilliams2000

SIM left in caravan

I have left my SIM and device in my caravan, and due to COVID-19 restrictions have been unable to collect it, and therefore have been unable to use any calls or data since mid-March.  I am still paying for it monthly.  I will only be using whilst at the caravan, and with current restrictions in place do not see me being able to return for many months.  If I cancel this SIM now, am I able to get a refund on the unused time that I have paid for between March and May?  Or can I carry any unused data allowance that I have paid for but been unable to use?  Or can I defer payments until the time I can start to use the SIM again? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: SIM left in caravan

Sorry but, how would PN know you have genuinly left your SIM and device there? Personally not doubting you, of course.

It's not their fault you were forgetful.

My car has been unused for some time now, I would like a refund on V.E.D., paid upfront for 12 months, for the time it's been off the road. It's not going to happen.

Depending where you are and how far away the caravan is, can't you go and collect it? Avoiding the Picnic Police on the way there and back, of course.

Months, really?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi gwilliams2000, sorry to see this. We may not be able to refund you for the period without usage I'm afraid, however what we can do is issue a new SIM and port your number across to it. 

Could you send me a private message with your mobile number please and I'll go through sorting that out with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gwilliams2000

Thanks for your reply.  I am not forgetful.  The SIM and device was left in the caravan intentionally as I was supposed to be returning to the caravan 5 days later.  Then we went on lockdown with the caravan site closed for the foreseeable future.  We are not allowed to travel anywhere in the car unless it is essential, so I am unable to collect it.  The SIM is no use to me at home as it was specific to the device that I have left in the caravan.  And no I am not one for breaking any rules, by avoiding the picnic police.  We in Wales are still in lockdown and do not see any restrictions being lifted to allow us back to the caravan for many months.  I was going to cancel, but held off assuming that the lockdown would only be for a few months, so now asking this question in the hope that Plusnet would allow me to keep the SIM and contract that I am on, but freeze payments until I am once again allowed to go back to the caravan.  As it stands at the moment, I will have to cancel the contract.