cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card is no longer working

Zoe00

SIM card is no longer working

Yesterday i noticed that i didn't have any signal, which is unusual. I put it down to the weather conditions and thought nothing else of it. But again this morning, no signal. I checked with others in my household who are also on this network if they had a signal and they did. so i tried one of their sims in my phone and it worked! before this, i hadn't taken my sim out of my phone and so i'm unsure as to why it's now not working. There isn't an option online to request a new SIM (which seems ridiculous in this day and age) and with work, i don't have time to sit on the phone trying to sort it. Is there an easier way to get a new SIM card asap?

5 REPLIES 5
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: SIM card is no longer working

Have you tried:

Go into the phone's settings, network and internet, SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic.

It works on my android phone when I lose connection - frustrating when it happens and that I need to keep doing it.

Zoe00

Thanks for your reply. I just tried doing this a few times and unfortunately it hasn't worked

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @Zoe00

I am going to send you a PM as I can sort this out for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Zoe00

Thank you
Zoe00

Not had anything through yet?