cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming service in Kenya

manishmodi
Hooked

Roaming service in Kenya

Hi - I am in Kenya right now and don't get connection to a local provider. I have a separate contract directly with EE and it picks up a local network immediately. Regards
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Roaming service in Kenya

Hi there, 

As Kenya isn't included in the list of "roam like at home" countries it may be that we need to have a look at your account to make sure chargeable roaming is possible. Can you send me PM with your mobile number so I can have a look for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
manishmodi
Hooked

Hi - many thanks for your prompt reply... And sorry for stupid question, but how do I PM to you? Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, I've just checked my PMs and can see one from you so I'll respond shortly, thanks!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
manishmodi
Hooked

Thanks
manishmodi
Hooked

Hi - is there any update to this issue? Still not service only wifi... Regards
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @manishmodi, I do apologise you're still experiencing issues with your mobile service.

From what I can see my colleague has requested some examples of this issue occurring. As I'm unable to see my colleagues private message, can you please confirm if you sent these examples via PM?

Regards,

Alice

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
manishmodi
Hooked

Hi - i have already sent an email with attachments today.  What more do you need?  Will the issue get resolved?Huh

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @manishmodi, thanks for getting back to us.

I'm afraid as @abails0105 mentioned, we're unable to see your PM's to Adam to confirm what actions have been taken and what checks you have completed.

Do you see the same error message when manually connecting to each of those available networks? Can you please advise if you have already tried the following to troubleshoot the issue:

- Rebooting the handset

- Manually changing your phone's APN settings, steps on how to do this can be viewed here going through the options of networks that are available.

Just to note, the cost of data whilst in Kenya is £8 per mb used so would be advisable to turn off your Mobile data to ensure if you do get connected, that your phone doesn't use internet and cause you charges.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
manishmodi
Hooked

Hi - thanks for your reply... Issue is I don't need data whilst I am here, but would need phone access, which I can't use as it seems plusnet sim's aren't register in Kenya! How can I send the PM sent to your colleague? It's your systems an am surprised you aren't able to get this resolved. Not good!
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @manishmodi

Thank you for your continued patience. We have been looking into this for you and in the interest of being honest, have come across conflicting information regarding Kenya. As such, I have sent off an escalation email and will check back on this Monday during our Operations team opening hours. Please be aware, it can take 3-5 working days for a response from our Operations team but I will chase this up Monday and get back to you via this post with more info. 

Kind Regards

manishmodi
Hooked

Ok - but it's likely we will be back in the UK by then... Thus it seems plusnet doesn't offer proper roaming! And am not sure who is providing inconsistent information re Kenya. Pretty poor both from service and customer service perspective.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @manishmodi

Thanks for coming back to us - I appreciate that this isn't ideal, but until we understand the full picture in terms of coverage in Kenya by speaking to our network team we're limited to how much information or support we can offer at this stage.

Even though you're back in the country on Monday, I'll ensure that my colleagues provide an answer for you as promised so that you understand the cause of your query.

Best wishes

Dave