Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming on a pre new products contract

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Roaming on a pre new products contract

Ah! I THINK I understand where the 29th November may be coming from and why the staggeringSmiley It's not the RLAH implementation that's being staggered, it sounds like accounts prior to 29th Nov didn't have roaming enabled by default but those from that point to the 15th June did. Mine, opened in May, certainly had roaming enabled by default when I checked.Smiley So, really it's the configuring of existing accounts for roaming that's being staggered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

These roaming or non-roaming contracts stink to high heaven.

I'm pretty sure that Plusnet will have covered themselves legally but non-roaming contracts are certainly not within the spirit of the legislation intended to make things simpler/less expensive for consumers.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

this definitely needs sorting as it just isn't correct given that prior to the 15th June there was no mention on the website nor during the ordering process that on the basic £5 package roaming wasn't enabled https://www.plus.net/help/archive/product-archive/plusnet-mobile-our-previous-out-of-plan-and-extra-...

2017-06-25_172901.jpg

@MarcJohnson

Please sort this as it completely contradicts your post above

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Actually it is in the spirit of the law and (possibly) allows them to continue offering £5 contracts:

Other contracts

Operators may also offer contracts without roaming services or specifically designed alternative roaming contracts with tariffs which fall outside the scope of the roam like at home rules (for example if you roam outside the EU) but these types of options must be specially chosen by the customer. 

As mobile operators are free to offer cheaper rates, you should shop around to find the best value and offer to fit your specific needs.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/telecoms-internet/mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

[-Censored-]!

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Colin_Maybe wrote:

Actually it is in the spirit of the law and (possibly) allows them to continue offering £5 contracts:

Yes, I think so, but the questions being asked (see oldjim's comments) are whether it is legitimate to apply a "uk-only" condition to a contract which didn't have that condition listed at its inception. I think that is probably able to be challenged.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Despite what oldjim said, Marc did answer that on the previous page. In short any contract ordered (not even started) before the 15th is eligible. 

The link oldjim posted states in 2 different highlighted places:

This article is not regularly maintained

This archived article may contain information that's not up-to-date. It's here so you can still refer to this older info, but it's not regularly maintained and our Customer Support Advisors won't be able to help with queries about it.

This is an archived article and may contain information that's not up-to-date

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I appreciate that it says that but that is the usual Plusnet get out of jail free card

In this case it is completely wrong as non of the pre 15th June products had a "no roaming" restriction and the heading for the table I posted says

Here are the prices for our plans sold before 15 June 2017.

So it may not be regularly maintained but that is no reason why the information posted - at the time it was posted - should be incorrect and saying otherwise is just wriggling around the truth

cliner

Shame that I was given a different answer twice, despite customer service checking back with the operations team. That's a customer lost due to the confusion, at least the refund process was easy and fast.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Not ever having had a pssport RLAH would seem to be of little use to me.

I've had a texts & emails to says it's been activated & to contact PN if I didn't order it which I didn't so do I just leave it or do I need to get it removed?

I'm on the £15 pm contract which I got for £10 pm on the original earlybird scheme.

steves10
Dabbler

I have been on £5 tariff for a few months now (before 15th June) and am going abroad this Summer. I had a text letting me know roaming has been set up but still unclear whether it will actually work when I get there.

Also interesting to note that Plusnet have changed the tariffs again recently and now only 1 of the 3 £5 ones is uk only,the rest are roaming included. The "legal bit" at the bottom of the page is now more confusing than ever.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@steves10 wrote:

I have been on £5 tariff for a few months now (before 15th June) and am going abroad this Summer. I had a text letting me know roaming has been set up but still unclear whether it will actually work when I get there.

I have 2 sims (for me and my wife) both pre-15th June but no text to say that RLAH has been set up. Does this mean that it hasn't? I go on holiday soon and don't want to find out it's not after I've arrived.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!