cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

2ol2mould

Roaming not working

Sorry, boring post but one for the moderators.

My roaming isn't working despite all my settings being on and me being able to see networks I can roam to.

Clearly an account issue. Can someone please contact me to authorize.

Thanks,

2o2m.

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Roaming not working

Hi 2ol2mould,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing loss of service whilst abroad and although we work hard to provide a continuous high standard of service within the UK, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas. When roaming abroad, It depends entirely on the signal strength, functionality with the masts and local network in that particular area and I'm afraid this isn't something we have control of. 

You can however, try the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

This re-boots the signal to the SIM and applies any changes.

I can however, check your account to confirm if your international and roaming access is switched on, so feel free to send me a private message with your account details and I can let you know!

- Rebeka 

ophintor

Re: Roaming not working

Hi,

Same issue here, I landed in Ireland a few hours ago and no reception (not in the airport, not in the center of Dublin... nowhere). I've tried the above but no joy. I've checked my account and I don't see any option to enable/disable roaming.

Could you please double check this for me?

Thanks,

David