cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Re: Roaming not working

Look st the last comment from Stacey at plusnet here.
https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Introducing-Roam-Like-at-Home/ba-p/1436498#feedback-succ...
My reply may not get approved... so I paste here too!

Stacey read the thread, it's not about quality of coverage, it's about people with roaming turned on who can't even connect to any network at all.

some of these people have family members or friends who have phones on other uk networks who can connect straight away with a good signal, yet plusnet can't even connect.

This certainly suggests an issue with plusnet, not just coverage. Stop preaching your t&c's, be honest and help these people by fixing the problem.

Maybe now data and calls abroad are free you don't like paying?...

I originally reported problems when in Costa Rica and plus net's response was very inadequate, so much so that I left and joined Id Mobile. I then had a similar problem when on holiday in Costa Rica. Customer support was easy to contact but could not explain why I was unable to roam with internet. Then I tried updating my settings for internet. Hey presto I was able to roam. A simple thing but presumably customer support assumes we've tried this, when most of us don't realise the need.
entdgc
Hooked

That is interesting. So what/how did you update your internet settings?

Dave

Not being very technical I asked Google. Being with ID Mobile now I would have had done it differently to Plusnet.
Nickelarse
Dabbler

I am in Thailand and have no service. My partner has a 3 mobile which works fine. Plus net support were useless simply telling me that roaming was enabled. Will be writing a complaint when I return.
Sue11
Hooked

It's shocking that Plusnet still haven't fixed this - and incredible that they still deny there is a problem.

As inconvenient as it may, I think the only answer is to move to another provider. 3 have some competive deals and I've used my phone in a few different countries with no issues. They aren't perfect.. but their online chat & customer service seem more competent.

I wouldn't waste your time with Plusnet. If you are abroad I'd consider buying a local sim to use until you get back to the UK - and tell Plusnet you expect them to credit you for the cost.
Nickelarse
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Sue11. Yes it's not good but should not be difficult given that I thought Plusnet was connected with EE and they don't seem to have same issues. Imoved to Plusnet from 3because of UK coverage issues but may regret it. Was also going to move my partners from 3 to PN but will now leave hers on 3.  I am sitting on a beach outside our hotel with very good Wifi coverage nearly 300 metres away from the main building yet a telecomms company like Plusnet cannot even get a partnership set up with a local provider. Ludicrous. I will write to CEO Andy Baker when i return, thats if he exists but he no doubt gets his staff to deal and isnt aware of this problem.

Regards

Nick. 

Nickelarse
Dabbler

Had a message from one of Mr Bakers team saying there was nothing they could do. I have decided to do what they probably want me to and given up pursuing this any further as I am wasting my time. Clearly an issue exists here but one that PN cannot fix or cannot be othered to. As long as they get the income from data transfer at the extortionate rate of £8 per Mb then thats all they are interested in. Will take a SIM from another network next time.