cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Mitcheip

Roaming not working

I have just moved to plusnet mobile and I'm in Trinidad at the moment but I'm not able to make or receive calls.

There isn't a setting on the phone to turn roaming on or off.

My wife is also with Plusnet mobile and she is also having the same issue.

Does plusnet mobile do international roaming?

It's not good that there is no other way to contact support other than calling. The chat option never seems to be available.

This is not a good start to my plusnet mobile experience.......
52 REPLIES 52
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Roaming not working

Try switching your mobile off and on again, or selecting another carrier manually on your phone.

I'm not sure which carrier EE uses in Trinidad but to use TSTT (Bmobile) you need to dial *111*# and follow the prompts to call. If you can connect at all, Digicel should allow you to direct dial. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Mitcheip,

You have to have international and roaming access activated on your account in order for your phone to work abroad. If you send me a private message, I can take a look at your account and see what we can do!

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

pbattu

Hi,

I am in India, I have the same problem. Me & my wife both have lost all the signal. Suspect, roaming needs enabling for me as well. Did not see any option in My Accounts. Can you please help?

thanks,

Prashant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pbattu

If you're need your services tuned on, please drop me a private message so I can look into this for you. Smiley 

Mitcheip

I hope you have better luck than me. I was told we had international roaming turned on but we didn't get a connection in 2 weeks.

When I asked PN to escalate the issue support went silent. We go abroad a lot so I think I'm going to have to change carrier again. Most disappointed, so much for award winning customer service.
pbattu

Hope all had good Christmas. 

I did NOT thanks to Plusnet. I was asked series of security questions, after that I was told roaming has been enabled. It never worked, not a good start with Plusnet at all. I dont think they know what is roaming, never had problem like this before any network. Very very disappointing service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about this @pbattu. Feel free to drop me a Private Message and I can look into this for you. 

Frailesman
Hooked

Hi 

I recently moved from Talkmobile to Plusnet Mobile and as a Plusnet BB client the Mobile deal appeared to be very attractive, on having my previous Talkmobile number successfully "ported" by the 10th of December, I phoned Plusnet to request that my service could be used internationally, this request was confirmed, and i was provided with both calling costs and txt costs in the countries I was traveling to, (MANILA and Singapore ) on arrival in Singapore on the 16th December I decided to txt my family in Manila, but the phone would not connect to any of the local networks, nor indeed would it connect to any during my stay on Manila. I had several lengthy "online chats" with Plusnet but resolution, the comment was 

'we do not guarantee international service" 

So, if you require your phone to work outside the Uk you might be disappointed.

i cannot locate ANY information within the T& C's relating to where Plusnet Mobile Phones can be successfully used.

MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good afternoon, Frailesman!

When abroad, you must Roam to local networks, and their coverage is what you then rely on to connect in turn to ourselves so that we can authorise your service and log your calls and charges.

If you services suddenly cut-out when you're abroad, then either you have reached your Smart Cap (your monthly credit limit) and need to get in touch with us (500 from your plusnet SIM, for free, anywhere: we're open 8am-10pm by GMT or BST), or, there is an issue with the local network, and you should attempt to either contact that network to find out about them, or roam to another available network when you have the opportunity to.

Don't forget you can also contact us by Live Chat on the plusnet/ mobile website, or even by sending an email (mobile-help@plus.net), whichever option suits you best. Smiley

Hope that helps going forward!

Mitcheip

Dear Plusnet,

this is is becoming a joke. People are saying they have problems and your repeating the same answers without looking deeply at what the real problem is. I go aboard 5-6 times a year and have never, ever, had a problem roaming. Admittedly with carriers other than EE. It's nothing to do with local coverage or smartcap. It's plusnet/EE system that is the problem.

But support seems incapable of escalating the issue. As a I mentioned in a PM to one of Plusnet's support staff I was sitting next to my daughter in Trinidad and she had full signal and everything worked as expected, so it was not a local network issue. Neither my wife or I, both on Plusnet mobile, had connection to a mobile signal the two weeks we were in Trinidad and Tobago.

come on Plusnet, live up to the adverts around how good your support is and sort this out. Escalate the issue to second/third level support.

Frailesman
Hooked

Since posting my blog regarding my problem with connecting to the local networks in Singapore and the Philippines [CSA Removed] of the Plusnet Team has replied with a very patronising email explaining what I should have done, if he had taken the time to look up at the records of my contacting Plusnet both prior to my departure abroad, and the Chat records, he would have been able to establish that I had done everything possible to ensure the my phone could be used in both of the countries I intended to visit.

The chat "help line" employees are unable to read into the problem, and rattle off the same response each time you make contact, I don't believe anyone on the help line staff actually understand what the problem is and even worse don't know whom to ask at Plusnet to resolve the problem.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Frailesman
Hooked

To  [CSA Removed] - Plusnet

i have been traveling to both Singapore and the Philippines, at least annually, for the past 7 years, each time I have been able to connect automatically to the local networks with my phone ( Vodafone, Talkmobile etc) after first advising them of my travel plans.

When Plusnet "ported" my number over, successfully, from my previous network provider, around the 9th of December, I actually phoned Plusnet to increase my cap to £20 ( as a precaution) and ask that my phone be enabled for International Roaming, both requests were confirmed, I also asked for the "rates" in Singapore and the Philippines, for calls and texts, rates were confirmed which assured me that Plusnet MUST KNOW about International Roaming Networks.

As previously mentioned, my phone failed to connect in either location, as for trying to contact the local Network providers, how are we ( Plusnet Customers) to know which ( of many) Networks Plusnet have an arrangement with, and if we are in transit, how are we to perform this task when our phone will not connect ?

On arrival in the `Philippines I did contact Plusnet "Chat" via my iPad, but the quality and ability to help by the Plusnet Chat team was abysmal:-

1. ' your phone Roaming request has been enabled "

2. ' try placing your Plusnet SIM in another phone" 

3. Is your phone working ok "

4." Plusnet cannot guarantee your phone will work overseas, it states this in the T&C's "

At no time did anyone suggest that they would "look into" why my phone might not be able to connect ?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

pbattu

The customer service ruined my holiday. They have no clue about roaming, they kept on misleading me. Spent lot of time chatting/emailing. I never had problem with roaming before including EE. Plusnet dont admit to their mistake, poorly trained staff who dont know their stuff but dont even ask others for help. Basic advise is, if you are travelling abroad move to another network to avoid all these hassle.

Frailesman
Hooked

Hi

if Plusnet continue to fail to address the problem this issue should be made public on social media to alert prospective customers who will unknowingly, sign up to the Plusnet service and then find they cannot use their new phone service on their first overseas trip.