cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in Montenegro

johnnym

Roaming not working in Montenegro

So looking through the forum it looks like roaming doesn't work in half the world  with PN SIMs.  Just been to Montenegro and it certainly doesn't work there ( I got the text telling me how much it would cost but could not make / receive call or send texts) .  Online support response that it is a standard script saying the problem with the local telecoms companies would appear to be nothing short of pathetic given that every other (none PN) SIM I tried worked.  

They really need to sort out this issue and stop passing the buck. In the forums they say they are not aware of problems using their SIMS abroad but given how many times its mentioned...  If you put it in a price band on your website then make sure it works.  I would strongly recommend Plus Net mobile customers going abroad to take a GIFGAF or other SIM with them as a backup unless they do not need to use their phone!

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Roaming not working in Montenegro

In the forums they say they are not aware of problems using their SIMS abroad but given how many times its mentioned..

Actually, they have just admitted on another thread (today) https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/APN-settings-defaulted-to-ORANGE/m-p/1460030 that they might be...

We do identify as Orange.As a result we are reaching out to confirm if we can access the same roaming agreements as EE, but for the time being we cannot access all of them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobboulby
Grafter

I guess that this explains my Andorra problem as well. Bit rubbish really Sad

Bob.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Not just rubbish. It's a good job Andorra & Montenegro are not in the EU otherwise it would breach the EU roaming regulations

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobboulby
Grafter

Andorra may not be in the EU but it is included as a Roam Like Home destination https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roam-like-at-home/

Bob.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Didn't realise that Bob. However, the fact that it's not in the EU means we can't beat PN with an EU regs breach. Just a breach of their own roaming T & C