Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working been fine in the past

FIXED
BillyHunt
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Roaming not working been fine in the past

I'm currently in Spain and roaming isn't working.
I've been here a few times and had no problems before.
When I landed it didn't work but while driving I must have got something as I got all my messages and the text saying I was roaming like at home.
But when I got to my destination there was nothing again.
I've got dual SIM with three which is working fine.
My wife is on Plusnet and hers is working fine.
I've taken the SIM tray out and put it back in again. Everything looked ok.
Any suggestions on what else I could do?

Just to add I tried manually connecting to a network but they are all listed as forbidden
8 REPLIES 8
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Roaming not working been fine in the past

Hi BillyHunt!

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a few issues with your connection in Spain, I can completely understand any frustrations from this. We do work hard to provide a continuous high standard of service within the UK however, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas. We have no control over the signal strength, functionality with the masts and network availability as this is all in the hands of the local networks.

With this being said, I know your wife is able to connect out there, so I can appreciate the inconvenience of this. I would suggest firstly following the below troubleshooting steps. Please be sure to stick to the exact timescales and steps Smiley

Re-booting your handset

>Turn the handset off

>Remove the SIM card

>Leave it for 10 minutes

>Replace the SIM card

>Turn the handset on

>Turn the handset to ‘flight mode’ for a further 10 minutes

>Turn ‘flight mode’ off.

This will refresh the signal and attempt to re-establish a connection with the network.

Manually connecting to a network

We do advise that you may need to manually search for a local network and attempt to connect this way. All handsets vary dependent on their make and model however, I can always specify on where this is located in your settings if I know the make and model of your handset Smiley

Trying the SIM in another handset

If possible, try using a friend/family members handset that is unlocked to all networks to see if the SIM has any network connectivity in an entirely different device.

Give these a try and let me know how you get on. You can always send me a PM so we can run through some security and access the account also, so I can double check everything is as it should be on there Smiley -Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
BillyHunt
Dabbler

I've spoken to Plusnet support who can't offer any help.
They can't guarantee coverage in another country end of, despite my wife's phone working perfect right next me
The forbidden on every network is definitely the route cause of the problem, my phone SIM settings haven't been changed since the last time I was out here when it worked perfectly.
The phone has been turned off all night I've checked the sim removed it put it back etc but that's not the problem as it's picking up all the network's ok it just says they're forbidden which it doesn't say on my wife's phone which is working fine.
BillyHunt
Dabbler

Looks like it isn't plusnets problem as i've tried my sim in the wife's phone and it works fine all networks are clear of the forbidden word.

So it's something up with my phone.

I'm chasing it up on a manufacturers forum for it 

I have had an update since I was here last, all settings are exactly the same 

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro

I'm sorry to hear you were advised that the support team on the phones can't help with this.

It is true that we cannot guarantee a signal abroad, but we can always help out with troubleshooting and going through some settings etc.

I will need you to try the troubleshooting steps I have suggested, and the steps need to be followed exactly. You may have turned off your phone, or removed your SIM to check it, but the steps I have advised above help to completely refresh connections on the SIM. They also help us to rule out a lot of issues and narrows down investigation needs if followed exactly.

If you are unsuccessful after trying out all the steps, I am more than happy to look into your account and go through some more handset specific troubleshooting, but will need you to PM me at that point so we can discuss account information as we cannot do this via public forum Smiley

I can completely appreciate how frustrating it is to not have a connection abroad (especially when your wife - on the same network- is up and running fine) and I assure you that I will do everything I can to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
BillyHunt
Dabbler

Hi Liv 

looks like we posted at the same time 

I'm happy it isn't a plusnet problem thanks for your help

Bill

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro

Ah BillyHunt, sorry, we must have both posted at the same time there Smiley

It's great to hear that you have pinpointed the source of the issue! Hopefully the manufacturer will be able to shed some further light on this and get you up and running Smiley

Do be sure to update us here so we know when you're sorted!

And please don't hesitate to send me a PM if there is anything else I can help with also!

Thanks
Liv Smiley

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
BillyHunt
Dabbler

Grin

BillyHunt
Dabbler

Fix

Just to close this should anybody else have the same problem.

Putting the sim in my wifes phone then back into mine resolved the issue.

I'd already removed it and put it it back in previously so it wasn't just that, it must be down to it working in the other phone briefly, whether it reset something with the network I don't know but it now works H+ Smiley

Now where's that sunbed Wink