cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming issue

coastwise

Roaming issue

I have similar problems.

Presently in Turkey and have no data, phone etc. When we arrived we reached our £10 data cap in milliseconds but i have increased that and paid, (I think!!), for what was used.

Presently can receive texts but cannot send, cannot phone out and get Conditional call forwarding is enabled message when I try. Cannot contact customer service on 500 and cannot find a contact e-mail address.. My wifes Plusnet phone has the exact same issue. Roaming and data are both turned on. Network says we are registered with Turkcell - plusnet but in the Sim status it says that the mobile network state is disconnected. The APN is EE internet everywhere.  When I try and look at details in my account I get mostly a message saying that the details cannot be shown right now. We have been here over a week now and if not for Wi-Fi would be completely snookered. I have tried a myriad of suggestions from the web and community but still stuck. Any simple answers or advice most welcome! 

Moderators Note: Topic title changed.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: EU roaming

Turkey isn't covered by Roam at Home so would be very expensive to use.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This page https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/ details the use of PlusNET phones abroad, including countries where it will not work. Bulgaria and Turkey are not in that list.

Bulgaria is included in the Roam Like at Home bolt on option while Turkey is not. However these relate to how services are charged for, not the fundamental functionality.

See the FAQs on the above page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Topic split for better visibility and to help staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
coastwise

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have had a look and see that it would be expensive however i cannot even reply to a text nor use the phone for calls if I wanted to. I checked the APN settings on the Plusnet page and they were not the same as on our phones. I have added the correct settings as given from the help page but still cannot text or phone out.

Cheers 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues roaming in Turkey.

I've checked and I can confirm we have roaming agreements with Vodafone Turkey, Turk Telekom and Turkcell.

Could you PM me your mobile number or account number so I can investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet