cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Uzbekistan

Davidsk

Roaming in Uzbekistan

I'm in Uzbekistan and can't connect to any network. The signal strength to a lot of networks is strong and I've been to multiple places and still can't connect. All I get is 'emergency calls only'.

Meanwhile other people with me connect to their networks fine so appears to be a Plusnet issue.

I've tried to force connection in the settings to all networks but doesn't work and also taken out the SIM for a number of minutes but still doesn't work when turning back on.

En route here the phone worked fine in Turkey. So as other forums have said, it appears to be a Plusnet connection issue in certain countries.
1 REPLY 1
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Roaming in Uzbekistan

Hi Davidsk,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with roaming abroad. Whilst we do work hard to provide a continuous high standard of service within the UK, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas. When roaming abroad, we don't have full control of the signal strength, functionality with the masts and local network in that particular area.

We do advise that if you're struggling to connect to a network to try numerous troubleshooting steps. These are as follows:

> Re-booting your handset

• Turn the handset off
  • Remove the SIM card
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset on

This will refresh the signal and attempt to re-establish a connection with the local network.

> Manually connecting to a network. The networks we currently have agreements with in Uzbekistan are UCell and Unitel, Beeline.

We do advise that you may need to manually search for a local network and attempt to connect this way. All handsets vary dependant on their make and model however, a general search on an Android handset would be:

From the home screen, tap and drag the Notifications bar downwards.

• Tap the Settings icon.
  • Scroll to and tap More networks.
  • Tap Mobile networks.
  • Tap Network operators. If prompted tap OK.
  • Tap the required network.

> Trying the SIM in another handset

If possible, try using a friend/family members handset that is unlocked to all networks to see if the SIM has any network connectivity in an entirely different device.

- Rebeka