cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Cyprus

kernowalan

Roaming in Cyprus

Roam like at home is clearly stated as available in Cyprus.

On arrival at Larnaca (Greek side) I had confidently left my phone with roaming enabled. Text messages said otherwise and my smart cap was almost used up before reaching the car park.

Long story short - plusnet have refunded my smart cap sum £10 but the whole problem was dumped on me for not  manually selecting a greek network - who the hell know which these are? Frankly it is unbelivable that I connected automatically to a Turkish net work as claimed by Plusnet. Lanrnaca is miles from the green line.

Also Plusnet do not distnguish between the Greek and Turkish parts - somthing a webmaster would take seconds to amend but has not been done some days after I first raised the inaccurate web page list of countries.

I have been treated fairly by Plusnet but the site must be amended soon as the information is disingenuous. Incidentally other networks contain the same bald, unambiguous inclusion of Cyprus. I suspect the same lie may be replicated on other networks. Ofcom and the Advertising Standards Authority complaints will be raised by me very soon so I suggest Plusnet puts its own house in order without further delay.

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Roaming in Cyprus

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Plusnet Feedback to Mobile.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kernowalan

Seems I owe most other networks an apology. The Republic of Cyprus and North Cyprus are seperate destinations except on vodafone where roaming includes Turkey anyway.

Come on PlusNet - get your house on order.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kernowalan, thanks for getting in touch on our Forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you incurred some unexpected charges when going abroad, though sounds like this has now been resolved with the charges refunded. 

Thank you for providing your feedback with regards to the website listing Cyprus and not distinguishing between the Turkish and Greek parts. I can see that nothing has yet changed with this information but please know that there is a process to making amendments on our site and this can take time. I will certainly raise your feedback again to the relevant team for you, though need to make you aware that there is no guarantee that the information will be amended. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kernowalan

Plusnet,

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @kernowalan, thanks for getting in touch on our Forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you incurred some unexpected charges when going abroad, though sounds like this has now been resolved with the charges refunded. 

Thank you for providing your feedback with regards to the website listing Cyprus and not distinguishing between the Turkish and Greek parts. I can see that nothing has yet changed with this information but please know that there is a process to making amendments on our site and this can take time. I will certainly raise your feedback again to the relevant team for you, though need to make you aware that there is no guarantee that the information will be amended. 

Since you tell me you may choose to do nothing I have registered a complaint with Offcom. However they require you issue a deadlock letter or that 8 weeks have elapsed before I can continue my complaint.

The clock is ticking......

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me, as advised I have flagged your feedback, I just can't make any guarantees on what the outcome of that will be but it has been passed over to the relevant team to look into. 

Please can you send a PM with the following details so we can proceed to log this complaint on your account:

- The mobile number 

- Your full name and address including postcode

- Are you the account holder?

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team