Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Croatia

danielson00
Hooked

Roaming in Croatia

Hi,

I am currently in Croatia and unable to roam. I am connected to "HT HR" and have a good signal.

But no calls connect , all SMS's fail and there is no data connection. I can receive SMS's though but not calls.

However it worked fine in Italy and Slovenia the day before . I have enabled data roaming and manually searched for networks but all the other networks say 'no access' , and turned my phone off and on a few times.

Any ideas ? My phone is a Motorola G4. Everyone else with me is on EE and all seem to be working fine.

I did receive the Welcome SMS when i crossed into Croatia though.

Dan
3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Roaming in Croatia

Hi danielson00,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing loss of service whilst abroad, although we work hard to provide a continuous high standard of service within the UK, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas. I understand that you have had access to the services in other countries however, It depends entirely on the signal strength with the local network in that particular area and this isn't something we have control of. 

You can however, try the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

This re-boots the signal to the SIM and applies any changes.

I do hope this works for you Dan, if there is anything else that I can help you with, feel free to drop me a message and I'll do my best!

- Rebeka 

danielson00
Hooked

Thanks, I tried all those things and it made no difference. However I went to Bosnia today and it worked fine, must be a local problem! (Turned data on for 10 seconds , due to non EU roaming! 😊) However stopped working once i came back.

Never mind , must be a local problem .
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

No worries danielson00 Smiley

If you ever need anything at all, feel free to get in touch and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka