Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming South Tenerife

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Roaming South Tenerife

Are roaming feel like at home are including South Tenerife as from tomorrow? All I can see is Spain no metion of Tenerife?

17 REPLIES 17
bigbanj

Re: Roaming South Tenerife

I think South Tenerife may be a moot point as I have just spoken to Customer Services via Chat and have been told Plusnet are not implementing Roam Like Home until June 30th.

I am not sure how they can get away with this as it's EU legislation as of tomorrow (June 15th).

I am travelling to France tomorrow so am very interested in this...

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No Plusnet can't do this! Must ready for tomorrow because EU laws! Can't do June 30th no way. Becauuse I am going to Tenerife this Saturday for 1 week holiday. If it won't start until June 30th I will sued PN for breaking EU laws!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just follow the instructions here - near the bottom https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Roam-Like-at-Home/ba-p/1447636

bigbanj

Brilliant, so completely different to what I was told by the person on the Chat app.

As I already have roaming enabled, I assume I am therefore all setup for Roam Like Home from tomorrow then?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Spoken to chat they say it not guarantee for everyones to have Roam Like Home enabled, I am so ANGRY. Because PN should have prepare this a month ago for JUne 15th kick off. Now I was being told I might not get it now until June 30th. Really fuming angry.

bigbanj

Would be good if someone in the know at Plusnet could come on here and confirm one way or another...

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Making a phone call now! Really not happy about this

Oldjim
Resting Legend

@goldenfibre since you obviously didn't bother to read the link I posted here is the relevant bit

What if I’m going abroad before this?

If you are going abroad before 30th June and would like to use your plan abroad, please give us a call on 500 from your Plusnet mobile SIM and we’ll set this up for you.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I can't phone 500 from headset because i am DEAF unable to hear it. I have to phone via text relay service from landline to customer service on mobile

Really annoyed now:

<App joined phone call.>
NGT ring ring NGT Answered, please wait for connection NGT waiting for free relay assistant Connected to Text Relay, pls wait...
Recorded Message
ongoing ... or if you are thinking of leaving us 3 .... or .... query about your account or make payment or phone lost or stolen 1, i fyou want to join us or upgrade 2 GA 1 GA ..... uyou can view your accoutn on the website, otherwise continue to hold and your call will ba answered by thenext vailable advisor, we are re ceiving a high number of calls at the mometn so it will take longer htan usual to anwwer your call .... You are in a queue, do you wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Do you still wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... you have been on hold for over five minutes now, Do you still wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding...

Oldjim
Resting Legend

well get someone else to call and say they are you - you will need to give them the answer to your security question

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

<App joined phone call.>
NGT ring ring NGT Answered, please wait for connection NGT waiting for free relay assistant Connected to Text Relay, pls wait...
Recorded Message
ongoing ... or if you are thinking of leaving us 3 .... or .... query about your account or make payment or phone lost or stolen 1, i fyou want to join us or upgrade 2 GA 1 GA ..... uyou can view your accoutn on the website, otherwise continue to hold and your call will ba answered by thenext vailable advisor, we are re ceiving a high number of calls at the mometn so it will take longer htan usual to anwwer your call .... You are in a queue, do you wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Do you still wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... Holding... you have been on hold for over five minutes now, Do you still wish to hold or try later? GA hold GA Holding... Holding... hello, plus net can i take your nam e please GA hello my name is **************** GA okay and what is your mobile nubme ro account number GA 07************* GA okay .... and if you can confirm your full address and postcode GA ************************************** GA and the second and fourth characters of your security GA ***** GA and how can i help you today GA GA is my account already active for roaming? GA it is active but we cannot make the roaming until tomorrow, that is when it goes live, so if you need to ensure you would need tor iring tomorrow GA ok i can't ring 500 from headset because i am deaf but i have to ring here if that ok GA yes, that is fine, just give ue s a call like yo have today and we can then activate it GA ok i thought it was activated already because i been to abroad last march my phone can use roaming in tenerife GA you would hae been charged for that, last year, this new one stops yiou being charged for using it abroad GA EU stated if i been charged between june 15th onwards i need to call plusnet so any refund got to put it back GA yes that is right, but it is 15th tomorrow, that is why you need ot ring us tomorrow to activate it GA ok bye for now GA no problem, bye for now .. GA

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Oldjim plusnet won't allow this because of data protection act

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

Thanks for getting in touch today. If your Roaming and International Services are already active on your account, this means Roam Like at Home will already be set up ready for the 15th on-wards. If those services aren't active, we'll automatically switch it on between 15th - 30th June. 

If you'd like me to check whether the services are currently Live on your account, please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll look into this further. -Ashleigh 

Oldjim
Resting Legend

only if they know it isn't you