Did you mean: 

Roaming In Singapore

FIXED
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Roaming In Singapore

I've created this thread so that @RebekaPreston has somewhere to respond to my question since the original thread here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Evade-Planers/td-p/1506726/page/2 has been locked before things degenerated

For information :-

My question

given the problems we've seen with roaming in some countries, have you confirmed that you have a roaming agreement with any of the networks in Singapore ?

and Rebekas response

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Roaming In Singapore

Reading this link about PN I would say there in no roaming in Singapore using PN.

https://www.4g.co.uk/plusnet-mobile-4g-coverage-and-network/

Wise Chinese proverb “check before you travel”.Cheesy

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Those roaming destinations listed in that link are only the 'roam like at home' ones where roaming is free i.e included in your plan. Roaming is available in other destinations BUT calls are not included in your plan and so are charged.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Ah, sorry I thought the question was about lack of roaming abroad outside of Europe and must admit its hard tracking down information but did find a price breakdown for Singapore being in Band 3 with call charges to the UK @ £1-45 a minuteCry and no price for data so assume it’s not available there and that seem odd in this day and age. I did see other places where data was £8 per Mb so just as well it’s not available.Lips_are_sealed

For what it’s worth anyone going to Singapore should have a look at Three’s “Feel At Home” as I’m sure this destination is a Feel At Home area and from what I can make of it you can get a free PAYG 3-2-1 sim and put a £10 bundle (1Gb + 3000 minutes + 3000 texts) on it and use that without risk of any other charges.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Fix

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Rebeka, Thanks for getting the confirmation.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31