cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming - Data but no calls

EmmaChrlotte247

Roaming - Data but no calls

I travel to the Isle of Man a few days each week. During this time my phone is classed as roaming. I can receive most calls and seem to occasionally be able to make a call. I can also use data. Most of the time however, I am unable to make ANY calls as it immediately cuts off. I have tried manually selecting other providers but the same thing happens each time. All of my settings are set for roaming. 

It is ridiculous since I am unable to even call customer services to resolve this. The first trip I just thought that there must have been a signal issue as there seem to have been lots of these issues recently but It happened again on my second trip almost immediately. 

Chat to plusnet is ALWAYS unavailable too!!

7 REPLIES 7
EmmaChrlotte247

Crazy Customer Service

I finally got through to someone on the online chat Smiley 

However... they then said that they were unable to help me as I hadn't given them my name and address that they had on the account for me so ended the chat. 

At the time, I was logged into the personal details of my account showing my personal details on my account were exactly the same as the ones I'd just given them. 

Fed up of trying to contact Plusnet and being constantly cut off or redirected of various reasons. 

Poor network service, plenty of problems and little customer service - which is the next best network to move to??!

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Crazy Customer Service

Depends what you are looking for

I find ID (on 3) a very good value budget service with few if any of the issues you get with plusnet,

better cs, no roaming issues and as cheap or cheaper than PN in most areas.

I have a cheap monthly package with them. £3.99 for 500 500 unlimited txts

Occasional very temporary connection glitches with calls from from VM (EE) in a known poor reception area but nothing to shout about and almost exclusively very transient (eg move across room to near window). This issue doesn't seem to affect my 02 service. On PN there was regularly a signal but nothing working - which you didn't realise until later.

My ASDA (EE) PAYG has proven to be a far superior service to plusnet for me. I keep that running in a spare small phone. Started using it while I was with PN due to constant failures of service.

VM (EE) not so reliable as ASDA but ok and far superior to PN, although I wouldn't use it. OH does.

For me O2 is the unquestioned cream of the crop. Its where my main number is now.

None of these services have the reliability, roaming or CS issues I had with PN and they appear far more proactive and conscientious in notifying of any outages and in resolving issues (even when caused by PN in a port).

O2 even sent a txt when work was due on the network in my general home area which might affect my signal  - impressive or what?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @EmmaChrlotte247 

However... they then said that they were unable to help me as I hadn't given them my name and address that they had on the account for me so ended the chat. 

Sorry to hear that there were security issues during your last contact. 

Can I ask what it was you were looking to do? If I can help in any way then i certainly will. 

Thanks, 

MoR

EmmaChrlotte247

Thank you, that was very helpful. I have ordered a 3 Sim card to try. 

EmmaChrlotte247

I'm in the Isle of Man for a few days each week. Whilst hear, my ability to receive calls is intermittent and to make them non-existent. Sometimes I have to send a message for someone to call me. Data, however, is absolutely fine - I can use 4G without any problems so it's not a signal issue with the local carriers. I have been through all of the normal help solutions myself and again with the customer service rep before they cut me off. They said that the only thing left to try is a new sim but they doubted that's what it would be. That's when they ended the chat as they said I didn't pass security - this is whilst I was logged into my account and gave them all of my exact details listed on the account! 

Customer service were only really bothered in blaming the local service providers saying it's a poor signal but I have full signal and can use 4G - other people on the various different networks also seem to have no problems making calls. 

I think being unable to use my phone and then being prevented from trying to sort it out sums it up really so it's probably time to see what else is out there. I've ordered a Three sim, which is a shame because for the last 2 years I've been happy with Plus Net. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

We're sorry to hear of this @EmmaChrlotte247 and appreciate the detail you've provided which, I'm sad to say, paints an extremely poor picture of the customer service you've so far received.

The Social Media Team will be able to assist you with this and so can you please PM me:

-the mobile number in question

-the full address including postcode

-your full name and confirmation of the account holder

Thanks