cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like home

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Roam like home

Hi Roam like home is great and as expected, however there's something not clear in your blog post/emails.

Firstly we all need to remember if you go on holiday towards the end of your billing period you may have only a small allowance left.

This where it's not clear:

If we run out of data in the uk we can buy an add on, e.g. £6 for 1gb which is the EU wide capped price for 1gb roughly.

However, if we run out of data while abroad you say we pay the rate on the tariff chart (4.4p per mg) unless we buy an add on.

So, do you alert us before running out? If we run out you'll start charging £44 per gb (4.4p per mg) which is above the legal rate?...

until we buy an add on at £6 for 1gb? Don't you think this is a trap many will fall into?

in my opinion it seems you should be charging 0.006p per mg or force the purchase of a bolt on at the legal rate, not let people run back into the 4.4 rate.

Please could you clarify this here for all to see.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Fudrucker
Hooked

Re: Roam like home

Obviously you've not been with PlusNet for very long. They've got a convenient little system where they send you a text at 80% and 100% usage, so as long as people are keeping an eye out for that text, not a whole lot of people will fall into the 'trap' that is themselves.

Fudrucker
Hooked

With that being said, it is possible that due to loss of signal in some peoples area, or their phone playing up, that they may receive the text a little bit later than anticipated. But don't worry, that's where Wi-Fi + abroad + MyAccount would come in handy to keep even more up to date on your usages. Keep an eye out for these 2 steps and *poof* no traps, other than the ones who choose to igore either one or the other, or even both!

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

HI, I have been with Plusnet for 15yrs but not on the mobile side, I was with EE for 20+.

Thanks for your info, much appreciated and the alerts are handy. However, it does still question why the data charges are still 4.4p/mg outside of the bundle. I guess mobile companies have to offer the bundle at around £6/gb but don't have to enforce it.

I was probably wrong to call it a trap, but even though there are alerts, those who do choose to ignore the alert may do so under the impression that once the allowance runs out, they'll just start paying the new capped rate for data per mb/gb.

However, it does seem that you only get this reduced rate IF you buy a bundle. Without a bundle the cost for data is as it was last year. That's what I think is not clear. (even though I am aware some may not be) - I would have thought with the capped data charges, mobile companies could not charge 4.4p/mg bundle or not.

Tags (3)