cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like at home - Automatically enabled?

FIXED
vienly
Dabbler

Roam like at home - Automatically enabled?

Can anyone tell me if the Roam like at home feature is automatically added to your account or do we need to check with Plusnet to find out if it has been enabled or not?

I've been reading a few threads on here and it's confusing me.

I've read something about if you have a  UK sim only then you may need to add it? I have no idea which is confusing me.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-price-guide/?utm_source=customer-res&utm_medium=email-trigger...

*For any customers taking the offer of double data, minutes and texts on the £5.00 Plan without our Roam Like at Home destinations (£5.00 a month for 1GB of data (instead of 500MB), 500 minutes (instead of 250 minutes) & 1000 texts (instead of 500 texts) from 15 June 2017, can only use your Plusnet mobile SIM when in the UK. If you are planning on using the service outside of the UK, you will need to sign up to a different plan. You can do this by contacting us.

1) I thought it was meant to be enabled automatically on all tariffs according to the new EU regulations?

2) How do I check if I have Roam like at home enabled?

Thank you

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

7 REPLIES 7
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Roam like at home - Automatically enabled?

Hi vienly!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

After the 15th of June, all of our Plusnet mobile tariffs had Roam Like At Home automatically enabled. We did have a tariff that was UK only which did not have this activated however, this has since been replaced with a tariff that has. 

Some of our old LIFE mobile tariffs may not have International and Roaming access switched on, so we would advise to get in touch with us for this to be enabled. 

You can log into your 'My Account' and check to see which tariff you have, providing it doesn't say 'UK Only', then you should be set-up and good to go for RLAH services!

Alternatively, if you send me a Private Message, I can double check this for you to ensure your services are active.

- Rebeka Smiley

vienly
Dabbler

Hi Rebeka,

Thanks for the reply, I did try to log in yesterday and again now to check which tariff I am on but no where on the online portal does it state the name of my tariff, all it shows it my remaining data, calls and text. 

Maybe I have access to the wrong portal?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi vienly,

You can find your tariff details printed on one of your recent bills, which you can view via 'My Account'.

- Rebeka 

vienly
Dabbler

Thank you!

I can't see it say UK only anywhere so can assume it's RLAH enabled.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great!

If you ever need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch!

- Rebeka Smiley

Tyreman

Am I right in thinking that the roaming like at home only covers Europe and some Scandinavian countries?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8