cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like at Home, in the Balearics?

FIXED
andy6

Roam like at Home, in the Balearics?

Can anyone clarify whether the new 'Roam like at Home' covers the Balearic islands (Majorca, Minorca etc). The Plusnet site says that Spain is covered, but then also mentions the Canary Isles, whereas the Balearics aren't mentioned separately, despite both sets of islands being part of Spain.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Roam like at Home, in the Balearics?

I think the Canary Isles are mentioned separately purely because of the distance from the Spanish mainland.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Hi @andy6

The Balearic Islands are included in our Roam Like at Home areas, but you would need to make sure you're on a plan that includes Roam Like at Home. If you're unsure on this feel free to drop me a Private Message and I can check this for you. Smiley

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@Colin_Maybe wrote:

I think the Canary Isles are mentioned separately purely because of the distance from the Spanish mainland.

Some providers used to charge as outside-EU for canaries, others treated it as spain.

I suspect they were told to specifically state it was included. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Colin_Maybe wrote:

Not uncommon for whatever reason. My travel insurance was a little more expensive because I chose "Spain including Canaries" rather than just "Spain" which didn't include them.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
croberts

I have just returned from Menorca and had NO COVERAGE at all.

I called the helpline on the evening of my arrival.  The "operative" could neither confirm nor deny that there was PlusNet Mobile coverage in the Balearics.  He was most unhelpful and pointed out that he Ts&Cs state that coverage is not guaranteed anywhere.  Note that none of the Balearic Islands, individually or as a group,  are listed in the coverage list on the web.

I was incommunicado for 10 days although others with direct contracts with EE had excellent coverage!

I was in Fuertaventura in the Canaries in February and had excellent coverage.