Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like at Home clarification

FIXED
ifield48
Fixes: 1

Roam like at Home clarification

I've been with EE for many years and recently changed to PN. I've used EE RLAH without any problems or charges.

What I need clarifying (hopefully by PN Team) is whether when making calls abroad, eg in Spain, will I be charged if I ring a Spanish landline or mobile - maybe a shop, restaurant etc? Ringing a UK mobile, regardless of whether the receipent is abroad or in UK, is included?

The reason I ask, is my friend who has also recently joined PN asked CS this question and was told that ringing a Spanish number whilst in Spain will be treated as an international call and charged accordingly. Hardly Roam like at Home!

I've looked at FAQs and they aren't specific. Can it be spelt out for me exacting what RLAH includes.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Roam like at Home clarification

The reason I ask, is my friend who has also recently joined PN asked CS this question and was told that ringing a Spanish number whilst in Spain will be treated as an international call and charged accordingly. Hardly Roam like at Home!

I'm afraid your friend was given incorrect information by CS. The EU regulations are that calls to ANY EU destination, when you are roaming in an EU destination, are included in Roam Like at Home. I can personally confirm that, when roaming in Portugal, that calls to Portugal landlines and mobiles, as well as calls to UK landlines and mobiles were included in my monthly allowance.

It is covered in the help pages , https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roam-like-at-home/ although as you say it's slightly obtuse 

It's covered in the 'Are calls and texts between RLAH destinations included in my allowance'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ifield48

Hi - Many thanks for the fast response and the clarification. This what I though but CS threw a spanner in the works.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

No problem. I've escalated this up for the Mobile help team to check if retraining might be necessary for some CS staff. Hopefully they will also provide a confirmatory reply on this thread.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi ifield48,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I can confirm that when you're roaming in an EU country for example Spain, you can call a Spanish number and this won't be chargeable. This would be deducted from your minutes allowance, as it would within the UK. 

I'm sorry for any confusion caused by our Customer Service Team. I can assure you that all feedback is taken seriously and this will be dealt with accordingly.

- Rebeka Smiley

ifield48

Fix

Many thanks for the confirmation Rebeka. I'll pass the info on.