Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Like At Home In EU

FIXED
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Roam Like At Home In EU

Now that EE has announced charges for roaming in the EU what is the PlusNet position? I’ve read the EE page on their policy and it seems to depends a little on when your mobile contract began but clear as mud to me aside from noticing mention of a £2/day charge. Will it affect us here?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Roam Like At Home In EU

Fix

Hi @quelquod 

As far as I’m aware, when I checked with the relevant team around a year ago, we had no plans to change or discontinue our Roam like at Home plan. 

I can’t say whether that’ll be the same now or in the future, but I’m sure we’ll let everybody know if or when we do decide to reintroduce roaming charges in the EU.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
neiltownsend
Dabbler

I am thinking about setting up a sim only PlusNet mobile number, but I am unclear from the website how I access roam like at home. How do I set up that, and how much extra does it add tot he sim package? Thanks, Neil

neiltownsend
Dabbler

@Gandalf ^^^^ previous message, forgot to tag you in it, sorry.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi @neiltownsend 

Roam like at Home is automatically enabled when you sign up (and has been the case since November 2016). It also costs no extra. Full details > https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roam-like-at-home/ but let me know if you’ve got further queries.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
neiltownsend
Dabbler

@Anoush thank you, very helpful.