cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip-off £100 per GB charges for out of bundle charges!

simmotech
Dabbler

Rip-off £100 per GB charges for out of bundle charges!

I just received an email from PlusNet:

From 29th October, you'll be charged 10p for every 1Mb of data used, up to your Smart Cap limit. We'll never charge you more than your Smart Cap, and once you hit that amount we'll restrict your data usage until your plan renews on your bill date.

It used to be £1.50/250mb so a gigabyte used to be £6 - now its more than 16x dearer!
(I called PlusNet and asked if they missed a decimal point or something but they confirmed that this will be the new cost)

That is a complete and utter shameless rip-off and I am surprised at Plusnet.

I want to use my (very small) Smart Cap limit for the odd-photograph message, not ridiculously excessie charges like that.

I'm going to clear the Smart Cap for me and two other family members and I think I might have to search around for better deals and not just for mobile packages - the broadband and phone will be up for grabs too.

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: Rip-off £100 per GB charges for out of bundle charges!

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to see this and I'm wondering if there might be a more suitable package we could put you on. 

Could you please send me a private message with your mobile number?

It would be best to update this thread after messaging me if you can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
simmotech
Dabbler

The packages I have at the moment are perfectly fine, thanks.

It is what you are planning to change them to in a couple of months that is the problem.
I would be apoplectic if I missed something and got charged anything using those profiteering rates. So much so I would rather switch provider than get caught out.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

OK, I can assure you it's not our intention to catch you out and my offer of help remains open if you change your mind. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team