Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Service

FIXED
netx
Dabbler

Re: RESTRICTION OF SERVICE

I have just sent you a PM with the requested details.

netx
Dabbler

Hello Souperman,

My problem appears to be sorted out. I suppose I'll find out for sure on the next payment date. We'll see what happens then but for now my service is up and running.

You might find Resolver to be a better option than the Ombudsman. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks @netx

I've seen your message and I'm glad to see this is resolved now for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

I'm not sure it is resolved.

I assumed Plusnet would reimburse me for the downtime and posted along those lines.  

On 8 March I received a request to send a PM so that you so you could answer and let (me) know what actions (you) are taking on the account in regards to (my) downtime query ...

I sent a PM last week and posted above that I had done so. No reply has yet been received to that PM.

However, I have received an email from Plusnet apologising for their error but stating,

Please note that this collections issue may marginally affect your credit score for a short period. We are working to ensure that we correct any impact for you as quickly as possible. 

"Affect my credit score" ????

Although my service is up an running I do not yet consider this matter closed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @netx

Apologies for the delayed response to your private message, I've sent you a response now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

Thank you Gandalf. I have just sent you a PM.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, I'll reply shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

I have just received an email from Plusnet stating;

"Unfortunately, we've not been able to take your Direct Debit payment. Because of this we've restricted your service to only allow usage of your plan allowance of minutes/texts/data ..."

I received a text message with the same details.

It seems certain now that despite all the assurances from Plusnet and this site that everything had been sorted out that was not true. Nothing has been sorted out.

Not sure why Plusnet were attempting a direct debit anyway, my payment date is 26th of the month.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've sent you a private message regarding the goodwill gesture and the latest message you've received.

Once you reply I'll pick it up as soon as I can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

Thank you Gandalf for your PM.

[Removed]

I know you haven't received it. That is the fault of Plusnet. We have already established that. Pay attention!

Simply telling me what I've already told you is not very helpful.

Then asking if I can now pay February's payment via my on-line account when Plusnet have told me they will collect two payments on 26th March just makes matters worse.

None of this mess is any of my doing. It is all down to Plusnet and I expect them to sort it out.

I will give you until Friday to resolve this matter. After that I shall be passing it to the relevant third party who can deal with it on my behalf.

Total shambles!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed public posting of PM as it's against the forum rules. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry that you feel this way, I'm only trying to help.

I've gone through your thread again and I can't see where you've said we'll be taking two payments in March.

Can you PM me the e-mail you've received which says this.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

Gandalf,

From my very first post  ... 

"The person I spoke to said they had received "a lot of calls about this" and were aware of a problem since a new company had taken over collection of their direct debits. I didn't need to do anything and February's payment would be collected along with that due on 26 March...

netx
Dabbler

Gandalf,

... and this is from my second post ,  " ...

I phoned Plusnet again yesterday and spoke to [CSA Removed] who reactivated my service. It was up and running again in a couple of minutes.

He simply told me what Plusnet had told me the day before; problems with a new system, (isn't it always?), needn't do anything, very sorry, collect double next time".

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've discussed this with a colleague from our complaints team, and as I'm not comfortable in discussing account information in a public space I've sent you another private message regarding this.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf but as I've already said; this problem is of Plusnet's making and it is up to you to sort it out. You have until Friday.

I have not cancelled my direct debit.

Your failure to collect my direct debit on 26 February has already been explained by Plusnet as an error with their system.

I do not intend to do anything else other than make a formal complaint via the ombudsman where I will be asking for reimbursement in respect of;

the time I have had to waste telephoning and posting about this mess,

the restriction of my service as a direct result of Plusnet's errors, and

the affect on my credit record as stated in Plusnet's earlier email.

Needless to say I shall be cancelling my contract with Plusnet and moving elsewhere.