Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Service

FIXED
netx
Dabbler

Restriction of Service

Yesterday i received an email from Plusnet advising, " we tried to take the payment for your latest bill but we've been notified that your Direct Debit has been cancelled, so we've been unable to take payment ... If after 48 hours we've not had a payment, we will have to restrict your service."

They also sent me a text message saying much the same thing.

As I hadn't cancelled my direct debit and the details are exactly the same as they always have been I telephoned Plusnet to see what the problem was.

The person I spoke to said they had received "a lot of calls about this" and were aware of a problem since a new company had taken over collection of their direct debits. I didn't need to do anything and February's payment would be collected along with that due on 26 March.

This morning I have received an email and a text message telling me that my service has been restricted and when I attempted to make a call I was diverted to Plusnet.

As you might imagine I am not very happy about this.

What exactly is going on?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

39 REPLIES 39
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: RESTRICTION OF SERVICE

I'm sorry to see this, I'd like to make sure we're straight on top of getting this resolved for you. So I can look into it further could you send me a PM with the mobile number please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SOUPERMAN

Well said Netx!

I could have written your post - EXACTLY as you had detailed it! - Even to the date.

Today I contacted support AGAIN to be assured the problem was entirely Plusnet's and my account would be reactivated within 20mins ....or perhaps 2 hours. It's now 3 hours and still no service.

I too am not a happy bunny and have written Plusnet head office a two page diatribe to make sure they get the message.

(I'm usually an optimist but consider changing to the pesimists)

Good luck - hope they sort your problem (and mine)soon!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @SOUPERMAN,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

So we can assist you with this further please provide the following:

- You full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Via PM.

Thank you.

netx
Dabbler

I phoned Plusnet again yesterday and spoke to [CSA Removed] who reactivated my service. It was up and running again in a couple of minutes.

He simply told me what Plusnet had told me the day before; problems with a new system, (isn't it always?), needn't do anything, very sorry, collect double next time.

That all seemed satisfactory.

Until 12:18 this afternoon when I received a text message from Plusnet telling me that they had to restrict my account!

Shortly after that they sent me an email - presumably when Plusnet  [-Censored-] up they want to make sure you don't miss it - stating, 

"We got in touch recently to let you know that we had to restrict your services to plan usage only. This was due to either not being able to take a payment, or your Direct Debit details being cancelled.

As it's now been 48 hours (or you've hit your plan refresh date) and you've not been in touch to make a payment or update your details, we've unfortunately had to restrict your services further ..."

Not only have I not cancelled my direct debit, I have contacted Plusnet twice and each time have been assured they have the matter in hand.

I don't intend to waste any more time on this matter and will now be making a third and final call to Plusnet to cancel my contract.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @netx,

I'm sorry for the recent experience you have had with our mobile services and the billing of your account. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As Adam mentioned above, we'd be more than happy to help you out, if you could PM us with your Plusnet mobile number, full address with postcode and full name we can investigate and help resolve this.

Thank you.

netx
Dabbler

I PM'd my mobile number to adam 40 minutes ago.m

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @netx.

I've just replied via PM. Let us know here once you have replied so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

netx
Dabbler

I've just sent you a PM.

netx
Dabbler

Plusnet have sent me an email advising that my account has been reactivated.

They tell me this is good news. Having had no mobile phone service for all of Friday afternoon I am less inclined to join in the back-slapping.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Apologies for the experience you've had and the inconvenience caused.

I've raised this for further investigation internally but hopefully this is resolve for you now.

Please do let us know if you get any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
netx
Dabbler

Everything seems to be back to normal. Thank you very much. No doubt Plusnet will reduce my monthly charge to reflect the unwarranted restriction placed on my service and the unnecessary trouble I was put to.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @netx,

I have just replied to this via PM. Once you have replied you could let us know here, and we'll pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

SOUPERMAN

Hello Netex!

Once again my experience exactly matches your own. This is the third time my dd has been "cancelled" - it hasn't of course.

I've been on the phone and Live Chat so many times my only consolation is that if it happens again I won't bother to report it and just ditch Plusnet Mobile as the evidence suggests their DD processing system is unfit for purpose.

Apparently "there has been a problem but there have been very few complaints this week" - oh yea?

Just received another "Good News" email  - I'm not holding my breath!

Does anyone out there know if this shambles falls with the remit of the Ombudsman?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this @SOUPERMAN 

Are you able to PM me your full name, full address and mobile number?

I'd be happy to look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet