cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Service, failed direct debit again. No answer from customer services.

knfruitbat
Dabbler

Restricted Service, failed direct debit again. No answer from customer services.

For three months out of the last four I have had messages that direct debit has failed and service is restricted on the mobile my teenage daughter has so we can easily contact her and know where she is. Totally unreliable.
Every month get some fobbed off story and assurance it will not happen again. Been on the phone to customer services multiple times only to get cut off once it gets to about 20-25 minutes. Push options 3 to leave and they answer instantly.
And apparently this can affect your credit score as well.
30 REPLIES 30
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Restricted Service, failed direct debit again. No answer from customer services.

Sorry to see this @knfruitbat

Please drop me a private message with your mobile number, address and postcode and I'll be able to help out. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
knfruitbat
Dabbler

Re: Restricted Service, failed direct debit again. No answer from customer services.

Having spent nearly an hour and half on the phone, I was told someone would call me back. That was 2 days ago and now can't make calls.
netx
Dabbler

I have been having this problem as well. It just goes on and on and on. You will find that although this problem is entirely the fault of Plusnet they will expect you to sort it out.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @knfruitbat

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that the issues you and your daughter are experiencing are still occurring. I haven't been able to check if you sent the details Adam asked for above. Could you pop me a PM with the info requested above so I can investigate and help resolve this for you.

Thank you.

knfruitbat
Dabbler

Sent all the info to Adam as requested
knfruitbat
Dabbler

If they paid me minimum wage for the time I spent on the phone, they would owe me money. So effectively over doubling my phone bill by wasting my time.
netx
Dabbler

You might like to have a look at the Resolver website. Their comments in respect of Plusnet are not particularly reassuring but they do tally with my experience.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @knfruitbat,

Adam is currently out of office at the moment so we are unable to find this information that you have sent, please could you pop a PM over to me and I can investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

knfruitbat
Dabbler

Thanks for the website connection, think I might be using that for more than just plusnet.
knfruitbat
Dabbler

Is anyone going to fix this or do I need to send my account information to every member of staff individually?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

There's further checks we need to carry out before we can investigate further.

Can you respond to the PM I've sent you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
knfruitbat
Dabbler

I have replied to your message.
knfruitbat
Dabbler

Anyone else want my details? Stop sending me automated emails to tell me I have restricted service and my direct debit has failed, there is nothing I can do about that when your system is at fault.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@knfruitbat 

You should know by now that it seems PN staff seem to send these requests to customers having problems just before they go off shift.

I'm sure they dont do it deliberately they simply don't realise, no matter how many times they do it,

and actually addressing that their processes don't work in any way correctly or reasonably simply doesn't come to their mind.

failball.gif

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots