cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Mobile Network Status Webpage.

milos71
Dabbler

Request Mobile Network Status Webpage.

Would be useful if Plusnet added to their status page the status of their Mobile network.

Currently the only way to find out is to ring Customer Services.

Maybe due to the current 'Issues' They are facing they don't want to air their dirty laundry in public?

Or haven't thought about it? Like the phone Apps which are in the pipeline. Probably blocked by the other Issues at present. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Feel some steep learning curves are coming Plusnets way.........Thought they would know all about these after running a landline business for some time now though.

6 REPLIES 6
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Request Mobile Network Status Webpage.

Hi milos71

Thanks for getting in touch. As we use the EE network, you can pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and check the status there. There is also a coverage checker that you can take a look at if you wish.

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

tismetoo
Dabbler

Rebeka,

Appreciate that we can see the EE network status (I suspect many of is are ex EE customers) - but the point being made here is that it;s not an EE network problem as such (I have another non Plusnet mobile that uses the EE network and that is working fine) - the issue is that there appears to be a problem with the Plusnet / EE "interface" as neither of my Plusnet mobiles appear to exist any more !!

So a Network Status Page would help as it could explain problems like this rather than having to sit in a queue at your helpdesk (who I am sure are pretty tired of trying to explain what is going on !!)

As we don't have a "status page" perhaps you could update us all here on the Forum with when we are likely to have our service restored?

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Have you actually tried the EE checker yet?

davebiffuk
Grafter

The EE checker says "no known problems" for the placenames/postcodes around me, but I've had no mobile service since yesterday afternoon (see the "Total loss of mobile signal" thread). As has been mentioned, this is looking more like a problem with ported numbers. Whether it's EE or Plusnet that dropped the ball isn't yet clear.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

tismetoo,

I appreciate your feedback with regards to a status checker on the Plusnet website. I'll be sure to pass this suggestion on to the relevant team and maybe this is something they can put in place.

If your experiencing any problems with your SIM, be sure to send me a private message and I'll look into this for you. 

- Rebeka 

Lauren1
Hooked

What would be grand is if when I contacted the customer service team on live chat they didn't use the same canned responses when I start up a chat, very unnatural and doesn't appear like you actually care that my family can't get hold of me in the run up to Christmas. That's on top of one of your agents hanging up the chat after I'd waited really 10 minutes for someone to be available, I got a canned response to me asking if there was an issue then they hung up. I actually got 3 of your canned responses in one response this morning which filled me with festive cheer, none of them were appropriate to what I'd said.

It took over a week for my number to port in the first place, I've had my number working for 3.5 days and now it's unusable.

So far you're hardly covering yourselves in glory, I'm just waiting for you to score a hat trick of poor service and I've only been with you for 2 weeks!

Needless to say I'm very relieved that this is a rolling 30 day contract because I doubt very much you'll be keeping me as a customer at this rate.

Just tell us what's going on on your site so that we don't have to keep contacting you. Award winning customer service, ha, Merry chuffing Christmas!