cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM activation

Peter18

Re: Replacement SIM activation

Hi.

Thank you.I heard last night via chat a solution will hopefully be fully OK today. Are you able to activate sim cards now?

Thanks,

Ad3
Hooked

@Peter18 I’ve just rang and they said my sim can be activated. I will know within the next 2hrs! I’ve had no mobile service for 11 days so I’m not holding out much hope. I’ve got Virgin mobile calling me back at 4pm if plusnet haven’t got me back online!
Peter18

Hi

Thank you for letting me know! I just used online chat again (fortunately, the same person as yesterday) and (after security questions) it only took seconds to activate the SIM. I was told up to 2 hours but restarted my phone and it's worked immediately.

Hopefully, they'll know how to avoid this in future as leaving customers without service (and I think also new customers who migrated to Plusnet so needed a mobile number porting over) is extraordinary - I was telling a friend last weekend about my good data deal but will now have to warn of a porting number delay risk (although as I say, hopefully they now know the problem so it won't occur again).

Again, thanks for alerting me to your progress so I knew for sure it was worth trying again!

Ad3
Hooked

Mine took over an hour to activate but I’ve finally got a sim that works! 🎉
Now to seek compensation as promised by plusnet!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi guys, I'm glad to hear that your replacement SIMs have activated now and apologies for the inconvenience this issue had caused. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet