cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM activation

NTS

Re: Replacement SIM activation

Any updates on when this will be fixed or should I cancel my contract?

MFW
Hooked

NTS

i’ve just called to cancel my contract and have been told they make announcements on social media! 

Good luck.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

SFA on the official status page ... as usual

Service has had no issues in last 12 days and no ongoing issues according to that.

Many times a lie.

They obviously don't want to frighten off the customers they cant activate ...

If you have some time to pointlessly waste :

https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi all,

As advised by Maddy at this time I'm afraid we are unable to provide any further updates.

I'm afraid Social Media and our Community forums are not immediate response platforms MFW@

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused to all those affected at this time and we're sorry to see any of our customers go.

Kind Regards

amrishism

Hi Ollie,
Its a simple sim activatuon issue...dont understand why your tech teams havent been able to figure this out! Just upload the SIM batch files in the proper format on the HLR!
NTS

Thanks for the update Ollie, I've cancelled my contract.

JKM_2912

@NTS wrote:

Thanks for the update Ollie, I've cancelled my contract.

I really wanted to come over on Thursday for the 12 month 3GB offer of £8.50 pm + £30 credit card but after reading this  will sadly be looking elsewhere...I'm leaving Three on March 12th after poor customer service and will either go to Asda or Tesco,as I have a "personal" number & cannot risk porting it....I was looking forward to using the EE network and the UK  based customer service was a plus,but  after reading here and googling about PN sim activation,I find this is  not the first time the issue of failure to activate SIM's has occurred ...I'm disappointed as I thought being part of Bt ( another attraction /plus) standards would be good,but a failure to  give updates & with the right hand seemingly not knowing what the other is doing leaves me no choice..

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi JKM_2912 @

We're really sorry to read you feel that way but completely understand.

We are experiencing technical issues at the moment that our back office team are trying to work through as quick as they can. Every day we are collating examples to feed back to them so that they can better understand what has caused the activation issues.

We wish you all the best on your search for a mobile provider and hopefully in the future will consider us again once the dust settles.

Hi amrishism@

I'm afraid it's not that simple. If the issue was a quick fix we would of course implement it without delay. We are waiting on further updates regarding the IMT issue that has been raised and we really appreciate our customers patience in this matter. When we know more information we will relay this.

Kind Regards

Z41n

Hi Ollie, what is frustating is being told to ring back in the afternoon or the following day. Although the fact that you have not been able to work out what the the issue is for over 10 days says alot about the company. Anybody got in touch with Ofcom?
MFW
Hooked

@OllieC

I was told by your customer service to check social media for updates.

I'm well aware I shouldn’t expect this, and any other form of social media to produce a timely response to questions.  My point is that I was specifically asked to provide account details so that your colleague can check my account status but he didn’t respond. You will have seen from my posts that I have called and spoke to many of your colleagues at customer services, who have all been very apologetic about the situation. I feel sorry for the fact that all they can say is to call back, but don’t know when??? Well, I’m not prepared to waste any more of my time calling.

Good luck on finding a solution before you lose any more customers.

amrishism

I had requested for a replacement SIM 2 days ago...but that has not happened yet.
Ollie, if SIM provisioning is not the issue(which I suspect) then has there been a data migration recently. BTw.... I know how it is as this (mobile telecom service) was my bread and butter for more than a decade. I bet you havent communicated this resolution to your tech teams so stop giving me lame excuses.
This has not been happening for active accounts(the one which have been using services) ...tells me a lot. Just put some competent guys in tech ops team.
Tell me the issue (technically) and I shall be able to give you the resolution for free.
Now I have ended up paying big money on Payg for data services.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@amrishism wrote:
I had requested for a replacement SIM 2 days ago...but that has not happened yet.
Ollie, if SIM provisioning is not the issue(which I suspect) then has there been a data migration recently.

This has not been happening for active accounts(the one which have been using services) ...tells me a lot. Just put some competent guys in tech ops team.

+1

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @all,

Sim-cards not activating is a known issue and we are actively working on a fix, as I'm sure you're aware. Presently we are unable to provide further information with regards to a fix date, while letting us know your thoughts and possible resolutions is helpful we will communicate with you all once the issue has been fixed.

For now I am very sorry for the inconvenience it is causing you, thank you for your continued patience and understanding with us during this time.

Peter18

Hi

Thank you for posting. This does seem to be taking a long time - this thread was started on Sunday and one twitter user tweeted on Monday he'd been unable to activate for 9 days (he received a reply from plusnethelp) so now looks like it's heading for 2 weeks without service for some customers.

I'm now affected by this issue and I'd hope a critical error would be resolved in hours rather than weeks - it is frustrating not knowing if the problem could yet persist for a long time.

Please can you urge your operations/back office to do all they can to escalate this issue.

Thank you.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Peter18, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that you're now being affected by this issue.

I can assure you that the issue has been escalated to the highest level of our Mobile Operations dept and we are working to get this issue resolved ASAP.